John Deere LT155 electrical/starting problems

C.RayMay 24, 2011

I have a JD LT155. My issues started while mowing, engine died. Was able to restart although dies when parking brake is not applied. I ended up reversing sensor on pb pedal and it works. Other problems have included headlights not working, wire connector on left side of engine melted together, cut connector out and solder connected wires bypassing connector, seems ok. Starting is difficult in winter, takes priming carb with fuel, now summertime will start w/out prime although will only start on low throttle after choking for 10 seconds? i know this is alot but assume it is all connected. Voltage at battery terminals is 12-12.5 volts when running or not also. thanks for any help you can provide...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

A fairly common thing on these are that the engine mounting bolts drop out, the engine shifts and melts the harness on the back corner of the engine. Eventually the muffler stresses and breaks too. A funky seat switch may come into play here as well as an improperly adjusted choke, a carb that needs service etc.

Bookmark   May 25, 2011 at 10:36AM
More Discussions
Bad ignition coil magneto on Tecumseh
Is there a more economical solution to replacing a...
don_v
New Honda HRX Drive System
I see where Honda is presenting a new drive system...
skipmarr
Tru-cut Reel Clutch Adjustment
I've owned this guy since new (1979). Beyond normal...
runner70
john deere RX75 belt diagram
I have a Rx75 with 9hp motor. I bought it used and...
jeremy_2010
Craftsman Lawn Mower Model#917258860 won't turn left
I just bought a Craftsman Lawn Mower with a 46"...
russph3
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™