My First Plate Flowers

helenb1949September 19, 2013

With the continuing drought and high heat here in Texas I decided to give this a try to at least have something pretty to look at. Please let me know if I am on the right path making these.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cnm1(6 Oh)

You are definitely on the right path!! A great option with the drought. They look great

Bookmark   September 19, 2013 at 6:08PM
Marlene Kindred

Looks like you're on the right path to me! Those look great!

Bookmark   September 19, 2013 at 6:19PM
sunnyca_gw

I especially like the bottom row! The only thing I would like to see more color on the square plate 1 it might just be the pic but it looks mostly clear or light green in center. I'd glue on some 1/2 glass marbles or paint with glass paint some scrolls or little flowers to jazz it up a little!! Like the stems too! TFS Jan

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 1:49AM
garden2garden(z8 FL)

Very nice! They look good in your beds.

Did you drill or glue your plates?

We were in drought here for several years. Made up for it this summer, though, and I'm thankful for that, but I believe it's rained every single day for 3 months. Just been too wet and hot to do much outdoors. Then with all the rain comes all the mosquitos. Getting a touch of cabin fever (even though there's always plenty to do inside, I'm used to being able to play outside more :) but fall is comming, in fact it's here today, isn't it. Anyway...

Thanks for sharing, it's fun to see what others are up to.

Bookmark   September 22, 2013 at 10:00PM
helenb1949

Thank you all for the encouraging words. I am officially addicted. Just got back from Goodwill with more plates. My plates are drilled. I have a rubber washer between layers. The stem is painted PVC pipe.I slip it over rebar so it is sturdy. I did find out some of the glass plates must be tempered glass as they shattered when drilled. Not sure how you can tell before hand. I also think I am going to use drawer pulls for centers on these new ones. Will post when done.

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 2:34PM
More Discussions
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™