Bistro set

laurastheme(8)September 7, 2010

Here is a bistro set that I've had for a few years. It needed repainting and the seats recovered. I picked the outdoor fabric, then picked paint to match one of the dots. I like the pale green but I'm thinking maybe I should have gone for one of the brighter colors. They show up so much more when looking a the seats. I was leaning toward pink, but thought my husband wouldn't like it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marlene Kindred

I like them just as they are! The pale green makes me think of spring and cooler weather. LOVE the polka dot fabric you used on the seats too!

Bookmark   September 7, 2010 at 3:21PM
garden-potter

It turned out darling!!! I love the color! I'd love to find a bistro set like that (at a GS for cheap! ha). Good job!

Here is a link that might be useful: Shabby Garden Creations

Bookmark   September 7, 2010 at 3:23PM
nanatricia

cute love it!!!!

Bookmark   September 7, 2010 at 11:10PM
sunnyca_gw

Greens of any shade always look great in the garden, the seats liven it up. It looks like a calm spot to sit down & have a glass of ice tea! Put a brightly colored totem or couple of bright pots nearby if you want more color! I like it just the way it is, you did fine! Jan

Bookmark   September 7, 2010 at 11:34PM
laurastheme(8)

The chairs were free, DD had several in her yard. I asked her for a couple of them. She said yes. DH said no! Said we weren't going to have any nore jusnk in our yard. They were a little rusty and had no seats, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. One night a friend and I went to her house and got these. I hid them in the bushes until I could get them painted and seats put on them. A gal's gotta do what she's gotta do....right?? About a month later I found the table at a yard sale for $10. I hid it under a blanket in the spare bedroom until...etc, etc. When I got it finished I twisted HD's arm until it neary fell off to get him to tell me with a smile that he liked it.

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 3:10AM
nanagrandma(9 SouthWest, Calif)

Loverly***
I just happen to have a litle corner where the green would fit in perfectly, luv the dots! BTW I like green I even painted the outdoors green so like I said it would fit right in.

Sylvia/Nanagrandma

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 4:52AM
garden-potter

Your story of how the bistro-set came to be is too funny! When will our hubbies ever learn to trust us??!! ha!

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 9:51AM
shpnquen(z5, IN)

This is perfect just the way it is & so is the color. I wouldn't change a thing!

My DH is starting to learn that many great things can come of the junk I find. He's been a junker of guy stuff since forever, but is drifting over to the dark side with me. LOL!

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 10:12AM
kacram

I like it! Good job!
I have 4 of those same chairs! I painted them white.. .. but they need a new paintjob now and new seat coverings! My table is bigger, and needs a top! You have inspired me to get to work on it! LOL

Garden Potter, I'm sad that IE won't allow me to view your blog! dang!

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 10:32AM
garden2garden(z8 FL)

I love what you've done with it. I really like the green. The polka dots are really cheery! What a pretty little set (it is now anyway). Too funny...you've got stuff hid in the bushes, (he'll never look there! lol) stuff hid in the spare bedroom...good for you for not giving up on it.
Donna

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 2:22PM
laurastheme(8)

Tahnks everybody. I like the green, too, and it matches some of the dots, but the brighter ones are so dominant that I thought maybe I should have gone with one of those colors.

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 11:44PM
luna_llena_feliz

laurastheme, I really like your bistro set. The green is just fine but if you change your mind, the paint isn't very expensive! I love your story about how you had to hide them before the big unveiling. lol! I'm so glad my Bob is a fellow junker. He was dumpster diving the past few days. Someone down the alley from us was remodeling and throwing out all kinds of boards and woodwork. I hate to look in the garage to see how much Bob has accumulated. Maybe I'll have to teach him to hide it in the bushes. lol

Bookmark   September 9, 2010 at 2:58AM
jeannespines

You did a great job on this bistro set, laura! I also LOVe the pale green ...but the fabric you used on the seat covers is so cute...very whimsical! Great saves on the chairs! Enjoy! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   September 10, 2010 at 7:35PM
susie_gardener_2007(OK 7)

That is such a sweet set! And you found them separately, but they are perfect! I loved your story about hiding them until they were done. My husband brings home stuff just like I do and we end up having too many projects that don't get done. I'm impressed with yours. Very inspirational.

Susie

Bookmark   September 11, 2010 at 10:34AM
More Discussions
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
Old shutters into kitchen island and more
http://theownerbuildernetwork.co/easy-diy-projects/diy-shutter-turned-kitchen-island/. Really...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
bowling ball revisited
Just finished a couple of bowling balls for the garden;...
indigosunshine
Sponsored Products
Fancy Italian Tournament Chess Pieces - 916
$408.40 | Hayneedle
White 850-Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Deep-Pocket Sheet Set
$84.99 | zulily
East Hampton Mortise Entrance Set
Signature Hardware
Silver Tiles Pleat Window Panel
$45.95 | Bellacor
Chef Dean Fearing Grilling Gift Set - N/A
$180.00 | Horchow