Brown Lawn won't green up
Our lawn last year was really full and green. This year we have one large spot (maybe 10x10) that is not greening up. Its just brown. I dug up an area to chcek for bugs and there are none. The lawn is tilted downward. This area sits at the very top. It is a newer home (constructed in 2001).
Picture available here:
1. Where you live? Colorado
2. What type of grass you have? No idea. I think Kentucky Bluegrass mix of some type. The previous owner put sod down.
3. What products you have applied to your lawn, and how much? At this point I have put water and a bit of plant food (not fertilzer). I put the plant food down in hopes of it encouraging the area to grow. The rest of the lawn loved it and is now even thicker and greener.
4. How often and how long you irrigate? I am watering daily with a frog type sprinkler head. I leave the water in one spot for about 25 minutes.
5. Is the lawn established, or have you recently seeded/re-seeded or added sod? If so, when? Established.
6. At what height you mow and how often? Usually keep the deck at about 3inches. I mow typically every 2 weeks.
7. Results of soil test if applicable. None done, yet.
8. Entire lawn is affected or a specific area(s)? Specific area.
9. If it is a specific area, what is different about this area? This can include: Shade, standing water, insects/pests, weeds, moss, rocks, heavy traffic, etc. Also, if the problem area is ring-shaped or spreading in any way.
The area is up against the house where the most shade hits. This area is also typically where the snow sits the longest. Typically every year this is the area that greens up the fastest and is the thickest with grass.
- How long you have noticed this problem and it is recurring? This is the first year this problem has occurred.