Need Craftsman mower grass bag

olddaddy(zone 9 Florida)May 15, 2007

I have a very old, but really good condition Craftsman Eager 1 22" self-propelled mower. It originally had a plastic grass catcher, but now has none. I need one and Sears charges $145 plus shipping. There must be a cheaper way to keep my old mower going. Does anyone know of another grass catcher that would fit, or where I could get one for this mower other than sears?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_kapaun

Really old isn't very helpful.
Post the numbers off the mower. It should be something like 917.xxxxx
I still don't think you'll have any luck, but you have to give us a chance.

Bookmark   May 15, 2007 at 8:24PM
xlindax(Tennessee)

I just checked out the replacement grass bag for my Craftsman lawn mower and it is $46.84. $145 sure does sound high. As the previous poster suggested, give us your model number.

Bookmark   May 15, 2007 at 11:56PM
jdeaux(SE TX)

I used to have one long ago with the "hard" plastic rear bagger. Assume your talking same thing. I would imagine they are more expensive that a fabric bag. I have occasionally seen these listed on ebay...good luck

Bookmark   May 16, 2007 at 1:44PM
rustyj14(W/PA)

I have at least one of the hard, grass catchers here, maybe 2!
I'd send one if the numbers are right, and if you'd pay for the shipping! No cost other than that. I think the mowers have gone to "The lawn in the sky"!
Rustyj14

Bookmark   May 16, 2007 at 6:27PM
btm71

I am also looking for a grass catcher for my old Craftsman Eager-1 lawn mower (4.0HP, 22in) model#917 372285.

Does Rustyj14 in the last post still have an extra one that he is willing to part with? Thanks for any other leads.

Bookmark   May 22, 2007 at 12:25AM
xlindax(Tennessee)

The grass bag for model # 917.372285 is available at Sears Parts for $51.90 plus shipping. In the diagram it appears to be a grass bag.

Bookmark   May 22, 2007 at 8:03AM
xlindax(Tennessee)

Correction: Of course it is a grass bag; I meant to say it appears to be a fabric bag.

Bookmark   May 22, 2007 at 8:06AM
wileyg(z7 AL)

I have a similar problem ... the grass-catcher bag for my Craftsman Eager 1 mower (model #917376290) is so worn out that it is dangerous to use (not to mention the annoyance of getting a facefull of clippings from time to time) ... the bag itself is a Lift-Top 2.4 bushel Dust-Less model ... any idea where I can get a replacement bag (the mower runs great, just need a new bag)?

Bookmark   September 22, 2007 at 12:52PM
xlindax(Tennessee)

The 917.376290 bag is available at Sears Parts for $72.71. If you need the metal frame also, it comes in 2 pieces; one section is 21.22, and the other is 9.88.

Bookmark   September 22, 2007 at 11:48PM
wburnsff

There are three Plastic Craftsman grass catchers listed for sale in Little Falls NJ on the North Jersey Craigslist- go to craigslist for New Jersey and pick out North Jersey the posting is on September 18th in the Farm & Garden catagory. The seller wants $10.00 each for the Grass catchers. He has pictures of them on craigslist. Good Luck!

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 10:12PM
gmiller9240(Zone 9)

I have a new Sears Craftsmen Grass Catcher Replacement Bag still in it's original packaging and never opened, new /old stock. Part number 80468. Printing on the bag itself says "Sears Craftsmen Cut N Catch 80468". $60. plus shipping if anyone is interested. Greg Miller 386-523-6615

Bookmark   July 29, 2009 at 7:08PM
hmc

I am also in need of a replacement grass bag and frame for model#917377061. Sears parts direct sells them for $45 & $30 plus $14 shipping. Does anyone know of a cheaper place to buy these items or a replacemnt for the Sears part?

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 1:48PM
PGN421

I just acquired aEager1, hibachi 4.0 20 inch, I need a bag with the supports.anyone know where I can get a bag?

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 5:31PM
PGN421

Typo in above message, Eager 1 , hivac, 4.0

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 9:24AM
tn_gardening

My suggestion is to put a WTB ad on Craigslist. I hit the jackpot and got a free bag for my MTD push mower.

Also might want to check at local small engine fix-it shops (won't be free, but will probably be fair price).

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 7:16PM
stinger8

I am also looking for an Eager-1 Serial # 08141060234 lawn mower bag. The Model number of this one is 131.907741. Sears no longer sells them for this mower, does anyone know who might carry a bag that would fit? Fabric would be fine but original was probably plastic. Thanks to anyone that can give me some assistance with this.

This post was edited by stinger8 on Sat, May 25, 13 at 13:18

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 11:23AM
ggoyeneche

You are not going anywhere without the Sears model number. Serial number doesn't help. If you're serious, see Bill Kapaun's post at the top and list the 917.XXXXXX number.

Bookmark   May 25, 2013 at 1:11PM
cschoer

I have a Craftsman lawn tractor Model 917.287360; I need the attachment that connects to the mower deck with the little bungy cords on each side. I guess my tractor is too old because I can't find it on the sears site. Any help?

Bookmark   February 8, 2015 at 11:36AM
tomplum

I see your tractor on the Sears site. The part in question is the bagger boot piece that attaches to the deck? You would want to find the bagger number to be sure if that is the case. It will be on a similar tag on the frame. If you can't find that number, post again and I'll dig deeper.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sears

Bookmark   February 8, 2015 at 9:11PM
More Discussions
New Toro Push Mower?
I am looking to replace an 11 year old Toro Recycler,...
seashells18
Snapper commercial refurb
This is the 1986 snapper 21500PC that I found in the...
snapperfreak
Engine trouble! B&S 13.5hp
My old Heritage ride-on has a Briggs& Stratton...
Over_here
JD L100 and LA100 series trans oil change
I have a JD L118. It had a K46 trans that failed at...
fix_it
Mclane 20" mower at Sears... why so inexpensive?
Hey everyone, I want to get yall's input on a mower...
bobbarker14
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™