where else can you have this much fun for 50 cents

garden2garden(z8 FL)September 11, 2013

Went to the flea market this spring and managed to get through it without finding something I couldn't live without, until the last booth. There was a box of old toys next to the isle and the creature with all the arms caught my eye. As I went to pick it up, a nice young man came over and said the stuff in the box is 4 for 1$. Well, I was sold right there. Had fun digging through the box and came up with the lady, too. (might not be a lady I'm not sure, kind of reminds me of Ming now that I think about it, anyone remember Flash Gordon). Anyway, I gave him 2 quarters and, he, being a polite young man said, "Well there you go, give those grandkids something to play with when they come over." I had to laugh out loud, "No, these are for me", and dh, who's been waiting (mostly patiently, I only caught a hint of an eye roll) says matter-of-factly, "And I know where they're going-out in the garden..."
And he was right.

This guy opens up in the middle and has a chair for the 'operator' to sit in. I hung my little wire teapot on his hand, I want him to serve tea to my gardenjunk gals whenever I get them done.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garden2garden(z8 FL)

I set her on an upsidedown clay pot. The dragonflies like to sit on her hand and check her out.

Bookmark   September 11, 2013 at 5:07PM
sunnyca_gw

Wow! He's quite a sight, frog legs with horse hoofs, pincher arms & a 2nd set of bony fingers, only 4 . Silver is good color as he looks like space alien, He looks quite comfortable there!! Love the dragonfly on her hand in 2nd pic. You definitely got your money's worth!! TFS Jan

Bookmark   September 12, 2013 at 1:35AM
aquawise(zone 4 Utah)

AWESOME!

Bookmark   September 12, 2013 at 10:37PM
oldcrafty(8)

You really scored. Like your lady the best

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 3:57PM
jlily(Z6)

Isn't that marvelous? I love flea markets and yard sales for that very reason. You can spend next to nothing and get treasure. You never know what you will find.ENJOY your treasure! Jlily

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 4:39PM
Marlene Kindred

The first one would scare the pooh out of me if I came up on it in my garden since I have encountered some big honkin' bugs and critters in there in recent years....and I'm a sissy when it comes to monsters! Like the lady on the clay pot though....

Bookmark   September 19, 2013 at 6:22PM
More Discussions
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™