Potting Table Re-do & Sparkles in the Sun!

jeannespinesSeptember 29, 2010

Well, nice enough weather this week that I "finally" got my potting table re-done to how I like it ...that debate about "natural chippy vs. paint" ...so I did some of both. The potting table looked like this when I started today...a bit too chippy for my taste:

So I used flat white enamel paint this time & didn't cover it completely...you can see some of the "old finish" in this pic:

...and like this...added a Fall basket of my garden gourds & a lonely green pepper...added "Curly Willow" sticks in the window opening...plus that's the "grape window" view in the background:

Here's a full view of the potting table now ... with Fall basket & hanging plant back in place...don't worry, after winter, it will "weather" some more:

And here's the "whole vignette" of potting table, blue bottle fence & grape window:

Here's a closer view of the blue bottle vignette again...I put my Boston Fern back there again...& put the wood block hanger on the ground.

Beautiful Fall weather week! Thanks for lookin'! Jeanne S. And I added the original link from last month.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Bottle Fence Project 8.10

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Looking good!! When it gets as chippy as it was, it starts to rot, at least out here. Really have to do something. It came out nice & whole fence, bottles, window & bench make an inviting walk around that part of your yard! TFS Jan

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 8:39PM
grandma_cindy(5)

Loverly!

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 9:47PM
tasymo

Some of my favorite "chippy" pieces are the ones where you can see several layers of paint, and can imagine what it looked like when it was one color or another. Everything looks lovely, Jeanne!

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 10:09PM
kacram

Very nice! VERY NICE indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 10:11PM
sorie6(6b ok.)

Very nice. I love the blue fence! tfs.

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 10:12PM
nanatricia

Love it!!!

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 10:41PM
luna_llena_feliz

I'm glad you gave it a chippy look! It looks wondeful by your cool bottle fence. Love your gourds in the basket. But then I have a weakness for gourds. lol! Lovely job!

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 1:09AM
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

Beautiful vignette. A good way to preserve the wood and keep the old look.

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 11:50AM
Marlene Kindred

VERY nice job Jeanne! I'm with you, I like some chippy, but after a while, it just looks neglected, so your solution is perfect. Love the entire vignette....all very pretty!

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 1:01PM
excessfroufrou(7)

Jeanne, it's funny how we will re-do a piece that was a re-do.You did a beautiful job, just the right amount of chippy left. It looks wonderful in your lovely park like setting.
Frou

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 1:38PM
daisydal(7)

Jeanne, it is just beautiful!! I see you havent lost any of your amazing talent since I have been away from here!!! Everything is so pretty!

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 3:44PM
jeannespines

Thanks, GJers, appreciate the feedback...chippy & non-chippy junkers, we all love it & have fun! Am having fun with the blue bottle fence vignette...adding here & there. And, welcome back, "daisydal"...good to hear from 'ol GJer friends! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 4:26PM
More Discussions
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
Using paint samples outside ?
Hi all ! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Craft fairs and Garden Junk
I know this really isn't the time of year to find Garden...
toomuchglass
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™