Really is an addiction...Plate flowers

cadillactasteSeptember 17, 2012

Goodness I kept breaking my neck gawking at plate flowers in a yard on vacation back in July. I finally ordered myself some and realized they were glued and not screwed!!! I went into Goodwill and picked up a few things to have a partially flower to do up. Still need a few more plates...but picked up pretty clear decorative pieces for others as well. Still need another decorative colored plate to match it but really fell for the pattern on the edge of the plate.

So which is the most desired glue to use? I see ones use spoons and plumbing parts as well to use for hanging methods. But I see glassware in a whole new light! Artistically...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marlene Kindred

Most of us use GE Silicone II for plate flowers and totems. Type in Plate Flower and you will find a post by Concreteprimroses on different types of adhesives and how well they have worked for her.

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 7:30PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Ge silicone ii for windows and doors, clear.

I am still using it, but I think they may have changed the formula because I've had some newer ones fall apart while the 5 yr old ones are still going strong. Make sure you get a tube that has not expired! Look for the date and use it up, don't save an opened one for a long time. It still works ok for windows when it is older. Just not to hold the weight of plates.

Have fun.

Kathy

Bookmark   September 18, 2012 at 7:12AM
More Discussions
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™