Riding Mower won't restart when hot
My riding mower (Murray 387002x92A 16 years old) will start easily and run until it runs out of gas as long as you don't stop mid-mow. If you stop, it has to cool down 30 or 45 minutes before you can restart it.
On a hot engine, the flywheel has trouble spinning. I think the starter gear goes up and engages with the flywheel teeth but isn't strong enough to turn it.
Here's what I've done recently as a tune-up and also as an attempt to fix the problem:
1) New air filter
2) New spark plug
3) New magneto
4) New oil
5) New battery
6) Sea Foam carb cleaner added to gas
7) New muffler (old was falling apart)
8) New gas cap (old was falling apart)
9) Verified a blue spark on cold engine and hot engine
- Replaced fuel shut-off valve. This mower doesn't typically have one, but the previous owner had installed one, which was leaking.
Any ideas? I'm certainly no mower repair guy, though I've learned a lot though this experience. I really appreciate any advice you guys can give me.