Bragging about a Birdhouse by Jeanne!

kirkus(5a)September 7, 2010

Hi Everyone! We received this birdhouse from Jeanne in the Garden Junk Secret Santa Exchange 2 years ago. She really spoiled us with her gifts!

I FINALLY mounted the birdhouse on a post this summer and added a few more adornments...like the metal bear on top (a gift from a fourth grade student) and the round metal pieces from an old wooden ladder I had. I placed the birdhouse next to Bart the Bear at our entrance to our road into our property. (Bart was a gift long ago from a former student who knew I LOVE bears! I love Bart!)

Here's a close-up of our BEAUTIFUL birdhouse by Jeanne! Jeanne, YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION! We have received so many compliments about our birdhouse!

Had to share and brag about Jeanne! Bear Hugs! Kirk

P.S. I hope we do the Secret Santa Exchange again this year! :o)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Great birdhouse! I like the round ladder pieces you added & the bear on top is the perfect finish to the scene around "Bart"! Thanks for showing! Jan

Bookmark   September 7, 2010 at 11:28PM
shpnquen(z5, IN)

Gosh!! What a great gift!! What you did with it looks perfect with the setting too. Y'all are so crafty!

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 10:19AM
Marlene Kindred

Looks wonderful Kirk! Love the extra adornments too! Makes quite a nice addition to your entrance.

And, yes, Jeanne is awesome!

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 11:14AM
oldcrafty(8)

Nice birdhouse by Jeanne and like the added touches you did. Bart is really a bear to be proud of. It all looks sooooo good together! Let us hear more about this Secret Santa Exchange! I'm fairly new to this forum and I know there is other newbies that would be interested and ya know Santa Time is gonna be here sooner than most of us would like!

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 1:04PM
luna_llena_feliz

Jeanne sure has a great eye! How did she know that birdhouse would look so awesome in your garden? hehe Love the bear you added to the top. Kind of like the cherry on the top of a sundae.

oldcrafty, the forum had a Secret Santa Exchange for the past few years. Keep an eye on the message board in a few months to see if anyone conjures it up again! It was a lot of fun.

Bookmark   September 9, 2010 at 3:15AM
jeannespines

I showed DH your post here, Kirk & we both think that it is so cool that one of our barnwood birdhouses found a home in Washington state! Wow, it looks great in your Bart vignette! Love the rustic junk (art) that you've added to it! That bear is "perfect!"...& other cool rustic pcs that you put on the bdhse & post. TFS! I'm glad you enjoyed this bdhse inside your home & now the birds can enjoy it, too, outside! Hope it weathers well for you for a long, long time! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   September 10, 2010 at 12:06PM
kacram

Very very cool!

Bookmark   September 10, 2010 at 12:20PM
More Discussions
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
Looking for fellow aussies - I've got glass to get rid of!
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™