Witch & Stars for My Gardens

jeannespinesSeptember 25, 2010

Here's a witch I made some yrs back out of an "old barnwood"...broken off at the bottom, add a strip of wood across for a hat. some rafia for hair, abracadabra! ... this yr I "re-vibed" her a bit by adding a crow to the brim of her hat (thanks to a suggestion by a forum friend):

And here she is stuck in garden vignette by garage door ...with an old iron wheel & a couple gourds from the garden...will add pumpkin later:

Also, I added on to my "blue bottle fence" link (& that link got very long!)...thanks, luna, for commenting...here's a couple more pics in case you missed the lazer stars I added... DH opened his tackle box & used spinners & fishing line. The stars are metal & then torched blue by the seller...got them on a trip this Spring & think they are so cool.

Here you can see all 3 ... sunshining in these pics:

And, here's the whole area...I'll keep adding...yesterday pic when it drizzled:

Fall is here! Jeanne S.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

The witch is cute & crow adds to her "beauty"! I love those stars,beautiful, really look great with those blue bottles!! No fall here 106 today!! Jan

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 12:25AM
bettymnz4

ADORable witch (and fence decor).

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 6:20PM
geeme(5)

I love your witch.... add some fangs and give her a vampire friend .. your blue fence is just so cool, love it...

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 7:13PM
Marlene Kindred

Really like your witch! And the metal stars are really neat! I've got to get inspired for fall myself....soon!

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 9:05PM
kirkus(5a)

Jeanne, ABSOLUTELY love the witch behind the wheel and gourd! (Love that wheel too!) SWEEEEET! Love the blue bottles with the stars too! INSPIRING! I always say "inspiring" when I refer to your creations!!!! LOVE IT ALL! TFS&I (Thanks for Sharing & Inspiring!) Bear Hugs! Kirk

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 11:19PM
excessfroufrou(7)

I don't remember seeing that witch before, she sure is darling. I think even I might be able to paint her. The crow is her perfect pet. They look very sneaky peering out from that wheel. Too cute.
Frou

Bookmark   September 27, 2010 at 1:34PM
luna_llena_feliz

Your witch would be kind of scary if her eyes glowed. lol! I was thinking maybe they did in that first pic. I agree, the addition of the crow was a great idea. Love your spinner stars! I bet they look even better in the sunlight while spinning in the breeze!

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 12:42AM
shpnquen(z5, IN)

I love the witch & those stars are so cool!! I have a few pieces of that laser cut metal too.

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 8:17AM
Purplemoon

Those stars are wonderful, Jeanne! And Mz Witch is very cute, especially now she has a crow buddy to keep her company.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 1:44AM
daisydal(7)

The song, "Witchy Woman", by the Eagles started playing in my mind as I read this!! Love yr witch, so darn primitive and cute!! The fence is amazing, bet it looks pretty with the sunlight coming thru! Yr place is like a constant-evolving park!!! Love it!

Bookmark   September 30, 2010 at 4:06PM
More Discussions
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Sponsored Products
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Veranda Cream/Chocolate 8 ft. x
Home Depot
Area Rug: Amy Multi 8' x 10'
Home Depot
Red Sox Calla Lily Bulb - Set of Five
$18.99 | zulily
Guardian Angel Victorian Lithophane Stand Lamp
$49.40 | Bellacor
Lotus Zinc Garden Torch with Braided Yard Stake - Weathered Zinc
Signature Hardware