this is what happens....

panama1(z7 ala)September 18, 2013

when you are bored, and your a garden junker....lol I usually pick up kids balls when I find them at the thrift or yard sales, cause my gkids and my dogs like playing with them.... bought a clear neon green/yellow ball the last time I went shopping, got bored sitting around, and ended up with this.....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marlene Kindred

Looks neat! How did you do it though?

Bookmark   September 19, 2013 at 6:20PM
panama1(z7 ala)

I cut the ball on top and bottom, small hole on bottom for spike and larger hole on top to slide solar light in so it was even with ball....in daylight you see the very top of the light, but not glaringly obvious, at night it looks like pics.... I have some purple ones from last yr's Halloween, from dollar gen, I cut out the bottom and stuck them over solar light in a chandie.... friend came today asked "where did you get the purple glass from" she didn't believe me when I told her they were toy balls...

Bookmark   September 19, 2013 at 6:44PM
sunnyca_gw

Neat idea! TFS Jan

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 1:39AM
garden2garden(z8 FL)

Cool! That's a great idea using plastic balls. I love solar lights in the garden, and it's fun to try different things like that with them.

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 9:15PM
spedigrees z4VT

Thanks so much for posting this. I love warm colored solar lights, specifically orange and green, but really dislike the cold blue/white color of most solar lights. This is the perfect solution for converting eerie blue creepy lights into beautiful earthy green and orange lights. Thank you for posting this solution!

Bookmark   September 27, 2013 at 3:28PM
More Discussions
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
Craft fairs and Garden Junk
I know this really isn't the time of year to find Garden...
toomuchglass
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™