Garden junk at the first fall fair

toomuchglass(5)October 23, 2011

I was happy to find a craft fair at a local college by my house -- so I went . What a disappointment. There were a couple "garden booths" on the program list ... so I rushed to see them .One was just "artifically rusted " stuff

with silk flowers ... (looked more like indoor decor ) and one was just cut out wood with garden sayings. There was one lady that glued a clear glass candle holder between 2 plates - to look like a 2 tiered dessert holder . It was done really well - the glue was crystal clear . I didn't have the nerve to ask her what kind of glue she used ! LOL

Each one was priced $20 - $25 . I didn't see many empty spots ~~~

I can honestly say that about 50% of the booths -- was beaded jewelry.I'm so sick of it.

Well -- that's the weekend report . I wish I could have posted some good NEW ideas ~

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arcy_gw

Thanks for the effort, but from my experience the new ideas show up here FIRST, then with in 6 mos show up at fairs and even retail!!

Bookmark   October 23, 2011 at 6:52AM
jeannespines

DH & I went to a well-known 1X a yr craft show yesterday, too...it's in a school & all on one floor ...done well & has a good reputation. Yes, there was LOTS of jewelry...very popular item! (lots of gift buying & original charm bracelets being made, etc...lots of Christmas gifts were purchased, I think)

There were 4 diff woodworkers which always is a treat! Some w/old wood, some with fine woodworking...fun to look! But the best (in my book, anyway) was a lady who does 'barbed wire' art! She's been around at diff craft shows for probably about 10 yrs in this area. Anyway, she added GLASS to her barbed wire art! & I tell you it was awesome! Like for a wire star, she added one of those clear crystal star shaped candleholders in the center & some addition curly cues ...AWESOME!

I have bought from her in the past ... just the original barbed wire star ...so if I catch her at the next show I am going to make another purchase! Some are big items...some small...some dragonflies ...some flowers...some dishes were added as centers...lots of creativity!

So there still are some good ones, 2much...& there are lots of jewelry lovers (I love to look). And there always is the BEST homemade pie! LOL! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   October 23, 2011 at 5:50PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

That sounds wonderful Jeanne.
I'd love to see her work. I can't imagine handling barbed wire for crafts. I seem to hurt myself when ever it is possible.
Kathy

Bookmark   October 23, 2011 at 6:27PM
More Discussions
Using paint samples outside ?
Hi all ! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Chain link fence arbor how-to ideas?
I have a new chain link fence running from my house...
servelan
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
Sponsored Products
Copper Spiral Planet Wind Sculpture - 31054
$33.09 | Hayneedle
Design House 514927 Drake 1-Light Wall Sconce - Oil Rubbed Bronze Finish - 51492
$54.99 | Hayneedle
Compamia Maya Dining Chair - Set of 2 - ISP025-BLA
$162.56 | Hayneedle
ColourWave Multi Pattern Watering Wand - CW-9912-16P-Y
$27.99 | Hayneedle
Blaise Stripe Silk Fabric in Garden
$39.50 | FabricSeen
New Garden Design 10'x7' Oval Hand Knotted Earth Tone Kashan Silk Area Rug H7168
BH Sun Inc
SLV Lighting | Alpa Mushroom 75 Outdoor Bollard
$366.00 | YLighting
Garden Girl Seed Wallet - SW05
$12.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™