Bird houses remodled for the winter

susiewantsroses(7b)October 27, 2010

Reburbished bird houses. They are now hung on the porch and both have occupants!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luna_llena_feliz

What self-respecting bird wouldn't want to live in one of those! I love them both!

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 12:45AM
sunnyca_gw

Love them, what is that at peak of 2nd 1? Looks like a corner brass bookmark so cute & love the attention to detail! Even better is some birds have a nice warm home for winter! Jan

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 1:46AM
chevy57red(3/4 MN)

Very pretty!!

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 5:17AM
Marlene Kindred

Those are just adorable Susie! What a fabulous job! Especially love the one on the left. Thanks for sharing with us! Good to "see" you here again...we've been missing you!

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 9:01AM
paulette19

Absoutly fantastic. You are so talented. The birds around your place must love you.

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 10:17AM
jeannespines

For very "stylish" birds, I presume,susieroses! Nice make-overS! Love how you deco'ed them up for your occupants (hope mama cat doesn't hang out on your porch, tho!) LOL! And they look lovely on that beautiful mosaiced table (I remember you making that)...classy, lady! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 10:39AM
susiewantsroses(7b)

Paulette, I wish I could provide a home for many more birds. It's sad to see the scuffle that goes on when several birds want to move in the same house. They watch me when I go out on the porch with the dogs at night. But they are quiet and there is no singing going on yet. We'll probably find out that 'bird singing' is all about the mama bird yelling at her kids once they are born. LOL

Sunny- That hardware is a brass piece that craftsmen who build decorative boxes use on the corners. I once had a homemade pot rack built of wood and had those same brass corners to decorate each corner piece. Lowes have shelf building ladder shaped pieces that you put two in a pantry and nail boards in between to create storage. Just one of those ladders make an excellent hanging pot rack. You can paint them and decorate them because they come in raw wood. When I converted to a metal pot rack, I reclaimed the brass trims that I had decorated with.

The house on the left was built with some doll house pieces. I bought the house many years ago on Super clearance and I have been scraping it out for such projects ever since.

The table they are sitting on is a mosaiced microwave plate with a glass totem type tower base that doesn't show.

Now lets all hope that those English Sparrows dont come and evict my American birds. They are killers of the American Blue birds and other American bird house dwellers.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 10:54AM
oldcrafty(8)

Very pretty birdhouses. You got some lucky birds. I like the mosaic table also.

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 5:34PM
pattico_gw

they are adorable...but bird like a certain size hole so their babies will be safe. Large holes will let all the predators in.

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 4:52PM
susiewantsroses(7b)

Pattico
We have personally witnessed 8 different hatchings in these very two bird houses. Including baby bird flight school. I just took the houses down and cleaned them up, repainted, remodled, and hung them back on my porch near the ceiling. Two new pairs have already moved in this Fall. We have no cats, or squirrels anywhere close. The only predator we've had was the same sized bird as American birds. I'm guessing these birds are safer up under the safty of my porch than they are anywhere in the wild or any sized man- made bird house hole. They come out and watch us when we set in the porch swing. Rest easy I'm confident that our bird houses are helping the birds multiply.

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 6:18PM
lily51(OH 5)

Love these birdhouses, for appearance and for all the young they have sheltered !

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 6:29PM
aka_strawberrygoat(PNW-8)

I hope you don't mind, ...I'd like to set that picture as the background on my computer monitor..it's really pretty colors and adds lots of charm to when I turn the computer up and running'

Becky

Bookmark   November 6, 2010 at 11:10PM
More Discussions
Craft fairs and Garden Junk
I know this really isn't the time of year to find Garden...
toomuchglass
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™