Reel Trimmer

WildBill5150June 6, 2014

I have an California Trimmer reel mower, self propelled with the grass catcher in front. I got this from my Father In-Law when he moved. I had it tuned up and the blades sharpened. It runs great but cuts too short for my type of grass. Is anyone interested in buying it? I paid $220.00 for the tune up and sharpening. I'll let her go for $250. I'm located in Livermore, California

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ggoyeneche

You've got a Trimmer "Homeowner" which was a less expensive model than their "Original" model. Has belt drive off the engine rather than chain drive as their commercial models, and uses the belt as a clutch, rather than a single plate dry clutch. Other features were made less expensive to compete with McLane and King O'Lawn.

Based upon the picture, I'm guessing your machine is from the late 1980's. You can pin the date down by looking at the Briggs model numbers on the starter shroud next to the carburetor. The numbers will look something like 80201 XXXX-XX 8806XXXX. The first four digits of the third set are the month and year of manufacture, i.e. June 1988 in this example.

While the Trimmer Homeowner is a pretty good machine for non-commercial use, your price is too high for a 25 year old mower. If you're willing to negotiate, you might be able to sell it.

Bookmark   June 7, 2014 at 4:20PM
More Discussions
Bosch Rotak 36 Rotary Lawnmower
I am currently studying for a Horticulture qualification...
jen9716599
Snapper commercial refurb
This is the 1986 snapper 21500PC that I found in the...
snapperfreak
Reel Mower for Bermuda Lawn?
I was looking at the Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Mower...
void.pointer
Bad ignition coil magneto on Tecumseh
Is there a more economical solution to replacing a...
don_v
Looking to replace the LB
I've been using a 2003 Lawnboy 10323 for over a decade...
pacochu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™