Toro timemaster vs super recycler

Brad051June 5, 2012

I currently have a toro super recycler (20092) and have been looking at possible getting a bigger mower to cut down on time. Thought about buying a husq 2242 rider but i think its alittle to much for my .4 acre yard plus it would take up alot of room in the garage. So i been looking into the 30" timemaster. So my question is has anyone went from a sr4 to a timemaster? It would be bought from my toro dealer not home depot. I would hate to spend a grand and let it sit in the corner while i use the super recycler. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roadbike

How much time do you estimate will be saved by going from a 21 to 30 inch swath? Remember that a 30 inch machine will take up more room and be harder to maneuver in tight spaces, around trees and bushes, etc. Strikes me as overkill for the size lawn.

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 7:20PM
SSApsen08

I have a timemaster and the SR4 (along with a Deere rider). Check my comments a few pages back in another thread. I'm very pleased with the Timemaster.

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 8:01AM
1990btr

My Toro self propelled 22" recycle mower will lose power as I am mowing. Grass is NOT tall and it has new plug and air filter. Electric start will start but not fire up to speed at once, needs to gradually gain RPM. When I begin to mow, as I do reach a little taller grass it does begin to power down. It just doesn't seem to compensate for the load. This happens both in recycle mode and while using the bag. Mower deck has been cleaned and still loses power under load. (Is there a fuel filter ?) Any suggestions are very appreciated.

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 10:09AM
More Discussions
PTO Problem on my Lawn Mower
I was just outside mowing and I hit an obstruction...
amburton98
Honda Mower Problem-Backfire thru Carb?
I have a Honda walk behind that has been awsome until...
jteekell
Lawn-boy F Series - Connecting Rod play ?
I have my Lawn-boy apart to replace upper and lower...
bhap
John Deere K-Series 12 HP 48.comm walk behind transmission? Old Yellow
I noticed it felt like transmission was slipping in...
Gary Simmons
Kohler Knowledge
I am replacing my 2nd B&S 23HP engine on a Simplicity...
wekjo
Sponsored Products
Around the World Wastebasket
$11.99 | Dot & Bo
Keitaro Cocoa Lounge Chair
bryght.com
Super Kazak Rug, 100% Wool 5'x7' Ivory Geometric Design Hand Knotted Rug SH8306
1800 Get A Rug
Blockoid Ottoman by Blu Dot
$549.00 | Lumens
Brushed Nickel Wastebasket
Overstock.com