I know what we will all be doing with our bowling balls...

mjowest(5)October 14, 2012

I found this on Pinterest-

I like the bowling ball project the best!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden ideas-Bowling ball

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toomuchglass(5)

I like the fish -- but boy, that's a ton of work. I love the bowling balls ,too ....... they wouldn't work for me . My soil is too loose - they'd be forever leaning to one side. I'd probably need some sort of cement base that I could bury just under the surface. HHhhmmmm.....
here I go - thinking of projects again ! LOL

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 3:45PM
mjowest(5)

hee hee.... you're welcome... :)

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 4:34PM
rosiew

I love the bowling balls suspended on fairly long length of copper pipe! Have ceramic mosaiced ball, have copper pipe! Psyched. Thanks much for posting this.

I only leave one hole open on the bowling ball, slowly fill the others with exterior caulk, allowing it to cure completely before further filling the holes.

Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 7:57AM
rosiew

I just tried mounting my heavy bowling ball. The copper pipe I have is only 1/2" - I drove a length of rebar, probably 3/8" into the ground, tested ball on it. It immediately tried to come out of the ground. Think one would need at least 1" pipe, probably reinforced with rebar inside.

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 12:29PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

I just adore the bedspring flowers. I like the bowling balls suspended. Great ideas, thanks for showing.
Kathy

Bookmark   October 21, 2012 at 3:27PM
beachplant(9b)

thanks! I love all the ideas. Next time there is a junky box springs at the resale shop I will be stripping it of coils. Wait! there was one there yesterday, have to check when I get off. It's across the alley from me.

Does anyone watch American Restoration? My dh told me that on an episode today they showed this yard and the guy had a bowling ball pyramid!! I will try and find which episode on their website, the show was about pinball machines.
Tally HO!

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 3:50PM
ritaweeda

I started gluing glass pebbles on one, I didn't get far. It took an eternity just to cover the top! Maybe some day I'll finish it. They kept sliding down.

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 9:38AM
arcy_gw

What are you using for glue ritaweeda? GE silicone II works well. I have a penny covered BB I made into a fountain and I have four other balls in my garden. Two with glass stones two w/o. I found a large rot iron candle holder at a garage sale and buried it in the ground. It holds my BB very nicely. In the spring it may list a little but I just pack the dirt with my foot. My two w/o stones are colorful but they are fading. They sit under oaks in my shade garden but still the color is slowly fading away.

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 8:42PM
More Discussions
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
bowling ball revisited
Just finished a couple of bowling balls for the garden;...
indigosunshine
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™