hooray!!!!!!!!!!!

oldrustybucketOctober 26, 2011

It has been somewhat of a struggle for us this year to say the least...but, considering HD lost his job and was forced into retirement, then 2 months later fell and has since had 4 major surgeries and could not draw his unemployment due to injuries when he was not able to actively seek employment ...then my job was relocated one week after he lost his job, now my unemployment funds are exhausted ... but, too much doom and gloom, right? I just wanna share some good news....TODAY I HAVE MADE MY LAST CAR PAYMENT! Help me pray that it continues to give good service for a long time....we need it to get to Physical Therapy for a few more months! Have a good day!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Congratulations on paying off your car. I hope the health and job problems get better soon too.

I need to get a new job in January. I've never felt worried about getting hired SOMEWHERE before, even if not my ideal. But now at my age and hearing about others experiences, I'm concerned.

We have a conversations side of this forum for personal non-garden junk subjects. Look at the top of the forum listing and you will see the word Conversations. You can keep us posted on how things are going there.

Good luck,
Kathy

Bookmark   October 26, 2011 at 9:38AM
sunnyca_gw

Glad something went right for you! Nice to know they can't repossess your car at least. Hope HD gets well soon & you get a good job. So much stress!! It's got to get better soon! Best of luck & some prayers cause you sure could use some that things will turn around for our folks!! Jan

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 2:23AM
posieh(3)

All kinds of Good Luck to you.

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 10:59PM
jeannespines

...sending you a

...good thoughts coming your way! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   October 28, 2011 at 12:19AM
amaqan(4)

If he qualified for unemployment wouldn't the state disability take over? When my husband was injured while on unemployment here in NY he qualified for state disability as he could not look for work.

Bookmark   October 28, 2011 at 7:37PM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

Ya! I NEEDED to hear some good news...I have just had a BOMB hit me in the way of Hubby confessed a tidbit to me and I feel shellshocked so good news helps me to see that this too shall pass! Thank You for sharing! Jane

Bookmark   October 29, 2011 at 11:11AM
Marlene Kindred

SOOOOO Happy for your good news! It feels wonderful to pay off a big bill like that and it's even better for you and your DH! I'll be sending good wishes and prayers your way in hopes that this year will hold better things for both of you!

Bookmark   October 29, 2011 at 1:25PM
More Discussions
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
bowling ball revisited
Just finished a couple of bowling balls for the garden;...
indigosunshine
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Sponsored Products
Good Cheer Pillow
| Dot & Bo
Red & White 'Hip Hip Hooray for the USA' Plaque
$9.49 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™