Not all calk guns are created equal...

concretenprimroses(4B NH)October 14, 2011

When I first started using a calk gun to put my flowers together instead of a tube of geii, I went to the cellar and grabbed one of dh's several guns that he keeps on a shelf. After making a bunch, my hand was a little sore but I figured that was the price of efficiency. Well I kept using the same calk gun until one day I couldn't find it. The only one I could find was a plastic one that I assumed was not as good.

Was I ever wrong! It is the best! With just a little pressure the calk comes out in a perfect bead, totally controlled and no pain in the hand. Its amazing and I will never use another.

It is yellow plastic tube holder with a black plastic handle and trigger. The words "Ergo Tech Series" and a patent number are on the black part and "Dripless" on the yellow part.

Beg borrow or buy one if you are a totem or plate flower maker and your current calk gun is hard on your hand. Dh isn't sure where he got it. His comment when I pointed out my discovery was "Oh yeah that's the good one."

Maybe Sherwin Wms he thought.

Kathy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jlily(Z6)

Well, thank you so much for sharing that tidbit. I have arthritis and the caulking gun is hard on my hand. I'm going to see if I can find one. Jlily

Bookmark   October 14, 2011 at 9:33AM
toomuchglass(5)

My son bought the coolest caulking gun from Home Depot - it was only $10 . The beads came out smooth & it was dripless,too. Even the tip turned so you could change the direction of the bead while keeping it smooth. It had a gizmo to cut off the tip of the caulk tube,too. Talk about builing a better mousetrap ! LOL

***** It's the little things in life that make us Happy !!!

Bookmark   October 14, 2011 at 11:28AM
Rusty

Thank you for sharing that, Kathy!

You can Google "Ergo Tech Series Caulk Gun".
That will bring up a site where you can enter your state
And find out where it is sold.

Rusty

Bookmark   October 14, 2011 at 12:23PM
jeannespines

Great share for all the totem/plate/dish people! sounds like a real winner, crete! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   October 14, 2011 at 6:33PM
gretch1964(z7 NC)

I have got to say i love my caulk gun, it is battery powered. My honey bought it for me for a christmas present a few years ago. Has a high and low. And i do lots and lots of using it for windows and all my outside mosaic pieces. Doesn't hurt my bad wrist at all.

Bookmark   October 14, 2011 at 10:47PM
mjowest(5)

I, also had pain while creating- and bought a new caulk gun from a garage sale for fifty cents-
what a difference! don't settle for pain- buy a new one! lol-

Keep on caulking!

Bookmark   October 15, 2011 at 9:17AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Wow! Battery operated. I had no idea.
Kathy

Bookmark   October 15, 2011 at 11:29AM
kim546

I was having a hard time with metal caulk gun,so I checked to see if there was a battery version--- and yes! Black and Decker (Amazon).... Plastic with battery power...What a difference:)

Bookmark   October 15, 2011 at 12:02PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

I was worried in retrospect that I had exagerated, but today dh needed the good gun to fix the roof and I wanted to make more pf's. Well it was a lot harder and messier :(

Kathy

Bookmark   October 16, 2011 at 7:25PM
More Discussions
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™