First Glass Totum

jlily(Z6)October 11, 2011

Well, I have watched all of you girls doing this and have gathered glass pieces thinking someday I'll try. THIS IS IT!! In fact I did two. But this is the favorite and I think the best. This is a new flowerbed that I just layed out. Not much flowers in it. ENJOY! JLily

">

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Awesome! I love how you have the glass "noodles" kind of holding on to the blue vase. The glass floweers are a nice addition, and the top is perfect! I bet it really sparkles in the sun.
Kathy

Bookmark   October 11, 2011 at 10:58AM
toomuchglass(5)

That is just pretty beyond words !!!! How in the world did you find all those matching pieces ?? !!!! They fit together perfectly . I would love to have that in my yard :)

Bookmark   October 11, 2011 at 12:28PM
Marlene Kindred

VERY pretty! I'll bet the topper is going to really sparkle! I can't see a plate on the bottom...what did you use for stability? Really great job!

Bookmark   October 11, 2011 at 5:08PM
jlily(Z6)

I did not put a plate at the bottom but put a stake that I drove into the ground that goes up to the top of the bottom vase. Thank you for your compliments. They are fun to make. Jlily

Bookmark   October 11, 2011 at 6:10PM
sunnyca_gw

It's more like a garden sculpture with all those fancy things on it. Very nice! Blue reminds me of water & the grape colors of grapes so perfect for the garden. The noodles work so well with the vase as "feet & nice to trim the bottom plate between the 1/2 stones! Jan

Bookmark   October 11, 2011 at 7:55PM
nanatricia

Very pretty!!

Bookmark   October 11, 2011 at 9:45PM
laurastheme(8)

Beautiful! Now that you're hooked I'm anxious to see more.

Bookmark   October 12, 2011 at 2:47AM
marylee_2010

Your totem is beautiful. It looks like you used lids for the red and blue. Great idea. I had never thought of doing that. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

Bookmark   October 12, 2011 at 4:45AM
oldcrafty(8)

Very pretty.....I too think the noodles are so nicely placed. Very creative you are!!

Bookmark   October 12, 2011 at 4:28PM
luna_llena_feliz

Marylee has a great eye! I was so bedazzled by the totem as a whole that I didn't notice the blue and red pieces were lids. Great catch, Marylee! jlily, you sure learned well from the talented folks on this forum! I give your first totem an A++++! Love your use of the noodles and great choice for a topper! I bet it looks awesome in the sun.

Bookmark   October 12, 2011 at 11:24PM
More Discussions
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Using paint samples outside ?
Hi all ! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™