fall wreath on the house

susiewantsroses(7b)October 25, 2010

This year we desided to put a wreath for Fall where we usually put our Christmas Wreath. Hubs cut the circle and stapled chicken wire. Michaels sold me the wooden lettering, and I decorated with old decorations from past years. Luckily we had some spot lights to make it look great at night.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bootscootengal

beautiful.....but my squirrels would eat it.

Bookmark   October 25, 2010 at 11:51AM
Marlene Kindred

Looks SO inviting.....love all of your decorations Susie!

Bookmark   October 25, 2010 at 1:00PM
excessfroufrou(7)

That is beeeee-utiful, I love the rooster. Your house looks awesome.
Frou

Bookmark   October 25, 2010 at 1:22PM
susiewantsroses(7b)

Boots- Our trees are not mature enough to attract squirrels. We see a few over at the park next to the older oaks but have not had any here yet. Or......could it be the loose bobcats, and coyotes here in TX?? :O Also luckily the Christmas wreath never gets any grief either. I had squirrels down in Houston and they were eating lead pipe covers off of the roof!!! I know they can be fur-rocious!!!

Ms Frou frou- Thank you so much. We have time on our hands to decorate for the Holidays and have made it our hobby.

Marlene- I think I am a hoarder but I really do USE THE STUFF~ Thank you.

Bookmark   October 25, 2010 at 10:23PM
sunnyca_gw

Very nice, looks like the rooster just came out of that panel behind him. What is in the birdcage? Looks like a raven so I imagine it is not real! Looks very festive & I see the bike has fall flowers too! Jan

Bookmark   October 26, 2010 at 2:41AM
backyardmom(z6)

SO beautiful Susie.I love the fall colors so much.Makes me want to ring your doorbell.

Bookmark   October 26, 2010 at 9:57AM
susiewantsroses(7b)

Thank you all. The birdcage (with Raven) now has big black letters on it that say "NEVERMORE". Halloween needs a little Edgar Allen Poe. :) Here is a better pic of the bicycle.

Bookmark   October 26, 2010 at 11:14AM
grandma_cindy(5)

Oh my! How wonderful! Will you come decorate for me? LOL

Bookmark   October 26, 2010 at 12:32PM
jeannespines

susieroses...I ALWAYS love seeing your bicycle! It's changed colors...gorgeous! & I love "Nevermore" in the colorful cage! Wreath is lovely, lovely...rooster addition is great...but I wouldn't want to have been in Hubs shoes when he hung that! Whole place is such a welcoming site! (you need to share this on Holiday forum, too). TFS! Jeanne s.

Bookmark   October 26, 2010 at 3:15PM
oldcrafty(8)

SOOOOO inviting! I love the bike, the wreath and the rooster just makes it!

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 5:40PM
susiewantsroses(7b)

Jeanne, I put everything here because it was outside garden stuff that was made from accumulated junk. Pretty much junk art. I LOVE THE HOLIDAY FORUM and adore their table settings but I forgot they sometimes put exterior pictures too. Susie

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 7:32PM
shpnquen(z5, IN)

Beautiful displays & so fall festive!

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 8:40PM
lily51(OH 5)

Wonderful fall decorations! Wish it would last as long as summer. And I love that bicycle. Everything here says Welcome.

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 9:35PM
laurastheme(8)

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! What more can I say. Both the decor and the house. That's my kind of architecture.

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 10:00PM
luna_llena_feliz

Are are the WOMAN! I always love your creations but that wreath is exceptional. Just gorgeous ... especially knowing it was made from scraps! I love the rest of your Halloween decorations and congrats again for Sheryl "Scare" Crow winning the contest!

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 11:42PM
susiewantsroses(7b)

Thank you for all of the confidence that you conveyed to me about our art projects. On Halloween we lit Tiki Torches (creating light smoke) all around the front and sides of the house and enjoyed everyone's response. All of the spotlights shined through the smoke and exaggerated the effect. It was like a foggy farm. We had pictures and videos taken of the house from the neighbors and many deliberate verbal praises. Since home making is my only job this was my paycheck. Thank you all for your generous comments as well. Thanksgiving garden art will be a slight variation with more feathers. Wish I had a mounted turkey now.

Jeanne- I also have a fetish for interior table setting but my photography never does it justice. Hubs and I are working on two interior trees (yes I said 10' trees) with mini lights for the small dining room. It will be finished when the lights with brown wire (had to order) get here. I'm not sure where something like that would be posted.

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 11:21AM
nonacook(8bFL)

Susie, you can post ANYTHING on the conversations side--We love to see inside decorations, and other things there.
That said, I love your outside things, and the bicycle and wreath are wonderful.

Bookmark   November 3, 2010 at 8:16AM
More Discussions
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Did this work?
This is our wedding car from "78. It was used...
nancyjane_gardener
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™