toro 22in recycler model 20371

macdudJune 5, 2014

starts well cold but after mowing for 20 minutes or so cannot restart . must let it sit for 1/2 hour or so then it starts ! second problem , with the air cleaner removed I noted oil around air cleaner opening .

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mustang76

Hi guys my name is Joe, actually I have a 1 year old toro 22" 149cc. First time using my mower this year after the winter season, I was cutting my lawn last week and suddenly my mower stopped... so I said what the heck I just bought this mower last year and something wrong already. So I tried and tried no response. Next day I brought my mower to a repair shop, and the guy said your mower needs a tune up. Then I ask the guy how much? He said 120 cash, I ask him if I he can do it for $80 he said no. I said its ok then and I left. On the way home I went to canadian tire and bought gas or fluid stabilizer and carbon cleaner and add it right away on the fuel left on the mower so when I get home it already mixed up. When I get home I remove the spark plug then sand it with 80 grit sanding paper and open the spark plug contact a little bit. Then I grab my small compressor and blow the spark plug and the hole were you put the spark plug in, and the spark plug cable. Then put everything together and pulled the string, guess what 1st try my mower start... I wish this thing will help you and excuse me for my grammar my English is not that good. Thanks

Bookmark   June 6, 2014 at 4:06AM
More Discussions
Craftsman ZTS 7500
Going to look at a used one of these tomorrow. Anything...
radlee30458
Snapper commercial refurb
This is the 1986 snapper 21500PC that I found in the...
snapperfreak
Bad ignition coil magneto on Tecumseh
Is there a more economical solution to replacing a...
don_v
New Toro Push Mower?
I am looking to replace an 11 year old Toro Recycler,...
seashells18
I have a Tecumseh 5hp egine no spark
I measure the ohms from the following. I placed one...
Nutty1269
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™