Backs of my plate flowers
I had a problem with the backs because I wanted a subtle look. Unfortunately the "rim" of the metal elbow where it attaches to the washer doesn't provide much space to adhere. If I moved my flowers around in the garden they would break off at that point with the washer sticking to the back of the flower. (At least that part worked well) A friend of mine suggested that I put a big glob of silicone down inside (once attached to the plate) to connect the rest of the inner washer surface to the inside sides of the metal elbow. Does that make sense? Any way that seems to have solved the problem, so far. (clear GE silicone II for windows and doors) Newbies may want to consult with wiser minds than mine, but I'm going to test try it this way and see how it goes.
Here are pics of the washer situation and the flower backs. The elbow on the left has the washer attached (but no glob inside yet, I am doing that once the unit of washer and elbow are attached to the back of the plate.)
I have linked to the whole shebang again as well.
In theory you can remove the plate with attached elbow from the post and store it more easily. By the way I now notice that some elbows allow the post to go in deeper than others, and sometimes one end of the elbow is better that way than the other. So I am paying more attention to that when I buy the hardware.
Here is a link that might be useful: