new to garden junk

lily51(OH 5)October 23, 2010

I have been on GW for some months now, mostly on cottage and potager garden

Just discovered the garden junk forum in the last couple weeks, which stems from starting to frequent local auctions.

What a creative group of people on this forum! So many interesting ideas and the willingness to share how to do them. Thanks to all.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marlene Kindred

Welcome lily!! We're so happy to have you join us in the junkyard! We do have a huge number of very creative folks here and we hope you will join us and post some creations and/or finds of your own! Look forward to hearing more from you.

Bookmark   October 23, 2010 at 1:57PM
jeannespines

Yes, welcome lily! We do have alot of fun on this GJ forum! Get all kinds of creative (& sometimes "crazy") ideas here! Frequenting local auctions will make you fit right in here! Be careful, it's addictive! LOL! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   October 23, 2010 at 9:15PM
grandma_cindy(5)

Welcome from a fellow Buckeye!

Bookmark   October 23, 2010 at 11:10PM
sunnyca_gw

Welcome Lily! Great bunch of junkers(recyclers) here, from huge rebar & rim chickens to totems ,antique finds & even tours of other junkers yards. All sorts of fun stuff & everybody's nice! Would love to see what you are up to & your favorite finds from curb, yard sales(YS), garage sales(GS), TS= thrift shops. These are our shortcut words for our favorite junking haunts!! Jan

Bookmark   October 24, 2010 at 1:44AM
luna_llena_feliz

Welcome to an awesome forum, lily! There is something for everyone here from the down right crazy (planted toilets) to elegant (glass totems) to rustic (rusty metal, chipped paint and weather-worn wood). Lots of wonderful inspiration here! I can't wait to see what you come up with from your auction adventures!

Bookmark   October 25, 2010 at 1:09AM
More Discussions
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™