Any hope for my sod?

bamorris2June 3, 2013

Laid fescue blend sod 5 weeks ago. About 2 weeks prior to that I sprayed vegetation killer. I used regular Roundup for half of the yard, and the enhanced Roundup that prevents future weeds for the other half. I did this without realizing that I would be planting sod in just a few weeks. For the first several weeks after laying the sod, all was very lush and green. However, for the past two weeks, the half that was sprayed with the weed preventer is starting to brown somewhat. Behalf that was sprayed with regular Roundup is doing great. I'm not sure, but I'm just guessing that browning side is a result of the Roundup with weed preventer. If that is the case, is there any hope or anything that I can do to increase the odds of the sod surviving? Take a look at the two comparison pictures, it's pretty clear to see which side is doing well and which side isn't.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pmqeezqsyn3uid/Photo%20Jun%2003%2C%206%2057%2036%20PM.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cfs40mbor87f0k/Photo%20Jun%2003%2C%206%2057%2026%20PM.jpg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tiemco

None of those links work.

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 12:10AM
bamorris2

Pic1

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 12:48AM
bamorris2

Pic2

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 12:49AM
bamorris2

Anyone???

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 10:05PM
tiemco

It probably is the reason for the difference. Did you read the label? Here is a quote from the website regarding their Round up plus weed preventer (diquat and imazapic):

Where Not to Use

Do not use in lawns or for lawn renovation as Roundup Extended Control prevents desirable grasses from growing too. Do not spray around young plants or in an area that will be planted or seeded within 4 months. Note: for use in these areas use Roundup Weed & Grass Killer Ready-To-Use Plus or Roundup Weed & Grass Killer Super Concentrate.

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 10:54PM
bamorris2

Thank you tiemco for pointing out what I did wrong. Unfortunately you're too little, too late! as I realize what I did wrong. I was soliciting comments on whether or not I could do anything NOW to help the situation. Any way to lessen the impact that its having.

Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 1:06AM
medik13

I did the same thing. Do you have an update? I was going to wait a month. Didn't want to wait four.

Bookmark   March 7, 2014 at 2:52PM
medik13

Please an update? I know its an old post, but anyone have experience with this problem?

Bookmark   March 19, 2014 at 4:27PM
More Discussions
Artificial Grass Maintenance?
I'm newbie in gardening. I want to know what kind of...
kevin497
Lawn after so much snow…what do I need to know?
A newbie here so I haven't maintained a lawn for a...
Pippin
What type of grass grows best is very shady areas in South East Texas?
I live in South East Texas and have many trees and...
dcloteaux1350
Revitalizing and leveling sad lawn
I have a lawn in Northern California that is pretty...
jhalt
Some suggested low maintenance grasses
Zone 5B, S.W. Nebraska Hot summers, typically dry....
deviantnic
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™