Help with a problem totem

flowers12October 24, 2011

Has anyone found a trick to leveling an uneven piece of glass so it doesn't look like the leaning tower of pisa when complete? I've tried putting a piece of plastic under the one side but it's just not working for me this time. Any suggestions would be so very welcome.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

I don't really understand. Is it the base piece, a piece you want to use in the middle? Is it attached yet? I have a leaning one that I unfortunately didn't get quite straight.
Kathy

Bookmark   October 24, 2011 at 8:48PM
flowers12

It's a vase and actually it's the top part that's uneven but I want to use it upside down. Since the top part will be at the bottom and visible I wanted to even it out on the bottom part. I wish I could figure out how to import a picture so I could show you. Sorry I just seem to not be able to figure out how to do it.

Bookmark   October 24, 2011 at 10:12PM
jeannespines

If you find a way, this farmer may want to be clued in...LOL! just kiddin', flowers12, I see you got a pic of your beautiful glass vase in another post...the 'leaning' title made me think of this pic I took some yrs ago...a fav:

Good luck w/your project! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 6:38PM
gardencraze(9b Groveland FL.)

I wish you could show a pic so I can see what you are trying to do.

One thing that helps me alot is, when I'm glueing more then one pc.I let each pc dry over night before I add another.
And when I'm doing a 2pcs. I let the glue dry for about 10 min. till the glue is really tacky, that way the pcs. don't have a chance to move around to much.
Hope that helps
Carmen

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 8:08PM
Marlene Kindred

I'm pretty sure I know what you're trying to do flowers. It sounds like your vase has a scalloped top edge or something similar. If it is an even pattern, as long as you get lots of silicone on the parts touching the piece below it, it should be fine. I've done a couple like that, then usually put a big line of silicone around the base of that particular vase, then put some glass globs or other decoration there to hide the excess silicone.

I hope that makes sense to you. If not, let me know and I will try and find a picture to show you.

Good luck and don't forget to let us see the finished product!

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 9:16PM
More Discussions
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
Using paint samples outside ?
Hi all ! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™