Let's see your fall decorations since it's FINALLY getting cooler

Marlene KindredOctober 11, 2010

I've been putzing around in the yard today...even though it is 80 degrees putting up fall decor and planting plants. October makes my mind shift into fall thinking even when it's warm, so I thought I would take some pictures and post them. Let's see what you've been up to as well!!

DH took the front door down over the weekend and refinished it! It needed a facelift badly!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maximavswife(4)

Breathtakingly (is that a word? It should be if not!) beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!

Kath

Bookmark   October 11, 2010 at 4:40PM
luvs2click

Gorgeous, Marlene! I was just logging on to post some porch pictures when I saw your post. Looks like the perfect spot for them!
Arlene

Here is a link that might be useful: Mums and more

Bookmark   October 11, 2010 at 6:29PM
Marlene Kindred

Love all of your decorations too Arlene! You have quite the collection as well.

Bookmark   October 11, 2010 at 9:13PM
luna_llena_feliz

You ladies both did awesome jobs on your porches! I can't wait for next year when I can decorate my house (that hopefully will be in fixed on the outside by then).

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 12:19AM
sunnyca_gw

Marlene, your door looks great, DH did a wonderful job, it looks new! Your decor looks so nice & inviting! Thanks for the pics. Arlene yours looks great too, can't tell which leaves are real in pic with leaves & berries, nice & looks like I'd want to sit down with some ice tea on that loveseat. Owl looks so cute with the other things & antiques add a nice touch. The fern is a surprise for fall & the green adds interesting touch to the scene! i like it!! Thanks! Jan

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 1:32AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Lovely! I just threw a few mums on my steps. My other planters haven't died yet which is outrageous here in NH.
I love your red and white totem.
Kathy

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 12:24PM
Marlene Kindred

bumping this up....what are the rest of you up to?

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 1:21PM
excessfroufrou(7)

Marlene, everything is lovely. I love how you mixed the red in with everything, it really adds a lot. That enamel top table looks so inviting. Great job. Arlene, I really like your rustic fall decor also. The nail keg and wooden crate are wonderful. Here are some pix of my outdoor fall, I really need to be adding Halloween decorations to these in the next few days.
Frou

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 4:34PM
Marlene Kindred

Glad to see your decorations Frou! Love the way you used the birdbaths for the gourds! And your scarecrow is very cheerful and inviting too!

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 5:13PM
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

Beautiful, thanks all for sharing those.

I have a scarecrow, but he definitely looks lonely compared to these photos. Need to get busy.....

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 5:50PM
oldcrafty(8)

Thought I'd share my fall decor......I painted the wood ones several years ago now. My cement fishing boy got done up for the season also and of course my orange flamingo got a witches hat to help set the fall mood. Some very pretty pics have been posted. I enjoy seeing everyone elses pics. I think fall is my favorite holiday to decorate.

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 6:21PM
luna_llena_feliz

oldcrafty, you know I have to hate you for having such wonderful painting skills! lol! Your figures are adorable.

Frou, your scarecrow is as cute as can be and your wreath is absolutely awesome!

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 12:14AM
sunnyca_gw

Very nice painting crafty!! Took a little looking to find your flamingo, he'd almost pass for a turkey in that getup!! Jan

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 12:16AM
Marlene Kindred

Great painting job! Love the scarecrow and the fishing boy's hat too! Lots of wonderful fall decor...I love fall!

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 11:22AM
excessfroufrou(7)

That vulture with the scarecrow is adorable. And that flamingo is too funny. Your whole yard is adorable and neat and tidy, just the way I like them.
Frou

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 1:49PM
Marlene Kindred

OMGosh...I totally missed the witch flamingo in the picture! What a hoot! LOVE him!

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 9:14PM
seamommy(7bTX)

Well, I'm inspired now. I've just been moping around the garden looking for anything that was blooming. This just makes me want to get out there and harvest those multicolored gourds and all those pumpkins - oh yeah, I don't have any. Well-guess I'll just have to go shopping! See ya! Cheryl

Bookmark   October 15, 2010 at 2:56PM
More Discussions
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™