my newest yard sale finds

raforOctober 22, 2011

So last week went to a sale at a house they were clearing out. The Dad had a great but very crowded workshop in the basement. Tools and stuff galore. While my partner in crime spent time scrounging through all the tools and such, I found 3 great items.

A great little step stool. I'm going to paint the top black. Love the ad on it and the place to put a few screwdrivers and hand tools. Once black and orange it will be perfect for the Halloween season :)

A cool antique bottle: the label says some kind of acid.

And a 4 foot "yard" stick. He gave me that for free! The bottle was a buck and so was the step stool.

Let's see the grand total at that sale was $240 and my share was 2 bucks! I think I won.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
boston3381(7)

nice find
i did a search for your "A cool antique bottle: the label says some kind of acid. "
found it on ebay . its from the 1800 ...ANTIQUE WHEATON~ACID NITRIC HNO3 APOTHECARY BOTTLE

selling for 20 to 40 bucks SCORED!!!!!

Bookmark   October 22, 2011 at 7:44PM
sunnyca_gw

Be careful if you open that bottle or wash it. Sometimes fumes can remain or be reactivated by adding water. open the stopper so it is not going to give you whiff in your direction. Could have had something else in it also! Neat stuff. Halloween ladder-that's a 1st! Sounds cute! Will be handy to place often used tools. So your partner in crime bought all the rest $240. Must have had some great tools! Jan

Bookmark   October 22, 2011 at 11:59PM
jeannespines

Wow, you did good, rafor!
All 3 of those are winners! & yes, orange & black stool for Halloween! Way cute! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   October 23, 2011 at 12:10AM
Marlene Kindred

Glad you hit the jackpot at the sale~love the little stool and the old bottle too! Four foot yardsticks come in very handy too.

Bookmark   October 23, 2011 at 5:31PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Great finds! I had the same thought as Jan about the acid bottle. Be careful!
Kathy

Bookmark   October 23, 2011 at 7:58PM
More Discussions
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
Looking for fellow aussies - I've got glass to get rid of!
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™