battery operated equipment

garyfla_gw(10 Florida)July 12, 2014

Hi
Doing away with all grass in backyard maybe a small patch of ornamental So have been using a "grasshog" but dream of doing away with 100 feet of cord. Would imagine the battery runs down quickly and expensive to replace.
Any comments on brands?? Thanks gary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ivycide(8)

In my experience battery life is fine but the trimmer just isn't as powerful and effective as a gas or corded model.

Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 12:50PM
morpheuspa

Agreed with the very succinct and accurate Ivycide above. While batteries are certainly no problem, torque supplied is always an issue.

My lawn mower (a battery powered robotic) gets around that by spinning smaller blades very, very fast and does a fine job. A trimmer really doesn't have that option.

Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 2:48PM
Sherm1082

I have a battery powered trimmer. I use it to......well, trim/edge the grass along my fence, flower beds, and driveway. It definitely isn't as powerful as a gas trimmer but for what I need, it gets the job done.

Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 9:26PM
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
I suspect it would work in my situation. Appear to be about 3/4 times the cost of electric . .Was thinking of the WORX brand seems highly adaptable has lithium battery, two provided in the buy " No brand preferences?? Thanks for the info gary

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 2:04AM
gsweater

I use a Toro Lithium cordless on a full acre + area in one charhe with juice left. It also charhes very quickly. HIGHLY recommend! Have never had anything but headaches with Worx products myself - every one returned.

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 10:01PM
More Discussions
Problem with St. Augustine grass
Hi! I live in the north of Portugal (Hardiness Zone...
Kratus
I want to remove deep roots . . . once and for all!
Hello, I've tried shoveling out some deep roots, but...
figsinhawaii
Artificial Grass Maintenance?
I'm newbie in gardening. I want to know what kind of...
kevin497
Lawn issues (tree roots drying out lawn, uneven ground, grading e
I have been a long time lurker, but this is my first...
tomormatt
I need a lawn "redo". More weeds than grass and more...
Here's the skinny. We live in Jacksonville, FL. Everybody...
Rich Possert
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™