glue for glass

maumau27girlsOctober 24, 2012

OK, I "lurked" on here a couple of years ago, and love everything on here. NOW, I want to finally do some "plate flowers" and also am going to do a fountain, and need to know what kind of glue I need. Please excuse the "clutter" (for lack of better name). We were just playing around with it. Pump and new diamond bits(I need to drill larger holes in new pieces) should be in Sat so maybe we can put it together.

thanks

Rebecca

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marlene Kindred

Welcome again Maumau~

Most of us who do totems and birdbaths, etc. use GE Silicone II for glass. Make sure when you get a tube that you check the expiration date as that will affect it's holding power. Good luck with your creations and don't forget to show us when you're finished!

Bookmark   October 24, 2012 at 6:09PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Remember to buy CLEAR. GE silicone II for windows and doors clear.
Good luck and have fun.
Kathy

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 6:24PM
toomuchglass(5)

That's really pretty ! I always use GE Siicon 2 for my glue.

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 11:14AM
chelcass(Z5 Michigan, U.P.)

I'm the oddball of the bunch, I use E6000. You can find it Walmart, hobby lobby, Michaels etc. I did three GOG windows three years ago and hung them on the outside garage wall and the glue is still holding! AS Marlene says watch the expiration Date.

Chelcass

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 12:16PM
toomuchglass(5)

Chelcass - I used E-6000 too , on mosiacs .You're not an oddball !!! It does hold great ! One of the reasons I like GE silicone on totems is that it grabs the glass pieces alittle faster. The stuff still slides around , but alittle less with silicone .

********** All of us here are oddballs in our own way ! LOL That's why we get along so good :)

Bookmark   October 26, 2012 at 5:20PM
chelcass(Z5 Michigan, U.P.)

LOL, your right we are and we do. I have never been about to find the GE Silicone. Maybe when I go to Menard I will be able to find it.

Chelcass

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 8:23AM
maumau27girls

Thanks to all, and I agree with "toomuchglass" We are all "oddballs" in our own way, but that is OK!!! What would the world be like without such!!!!! Hope my pumps come in today so hubby and I can put our first fountain together.

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 8:09AM
jlobe

Just found out about a great glue for glass mosaics to glass like windows. It was developed by an artist. Quick drying, crystal-clear, water resistant, great for outdoors. Mac Glue. However, it runs $20/8 oz. But it works.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mac Glue

Bookmark   December 19, 2013 at 3:33PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

I love Mac glue for mosaics and some other things but it doesn't work for me for plate flowers.
Kathy

Bookmark   January 11, 2014 at 8:44AM
More Discussions
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
Hanging Garden Globes
Here's one of my favorite garden junk projects ever:...
janetgia
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™