Standing Rose

oldcrafty(8)October 13, 2010

Another find in Canton.....not exactly junk but thought I'd share as it is unique. I found it in an area that sold all iron things imported from Mexico. It stands about 2 1/2 feet tall and is anchored with a rock. My Mom loved red roses, I passed this vendor multiple times and the rose kept calling me. On the last morning we pick up things we decided we can't go home without! My first stop was back to this vendor. he originally had lots of these roses and when I got there only one was left..so I figured it was a no brainer and was meant to be! Mom kept telling me how pretty it was. So it's new home will be in the cemetery with mom. I will anchor it with tent stakes and hope it will remain there for a long time.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lizzardly

A beautiful rose that would make any Mother happy.

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 9:35PM
luna_llena_feliz

OH wow! What a gorgeous tribute to your mother's love of roses! I'm sure that will get a big smile from her up in heaven!

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 11:51PM
sunnyca_gw

Lovely, did he make them? Will be a loving & lasting gift for mom's grave! Jan

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 12:03AM
Marlene Kindred

Very cool! Love the red!

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 11:22AM
kelly_oh(OH z6)

Beautiful!! I hope it stays many years, also. It was clearly meant for your Momma since there was just one left!!!

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 4:10PM
jeannespines

Very unique Rose, crafty! And it will weather outside beautifully...I am sure it will look lovely at your Mom's resting place. Yup, meant to be, I'd say, too! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 6:44PM
mary2010(9 FL)

Simply beautiful! I know it will make your mother smile.

Bookmark   December 23, 2010 at 3:15PM
nmgirl(8 S.NM)

Very nice, I love Mexican metal work.
I don't know what your weather is like, I'm zone 8 also but a dry zone 8, but you might want to consider giving the rose a good coat of sealer. A lot of the metal work from Mexico isn't as weather resistant as you might think. Most of it is meant to live indoors or at least under a roof. A good coat of clear spray paint will go a long way in preserving it's looks.
Congrats on your good find.

Bookmark   December 24, 2010 at 10:37AM
oldcrafty(8)

Thanks for the hint to seal nmgirl....never thought of that but it is a good idea. I do have plenty of the spray sealer and thats an easy enough fix to save it for a few years. I know it won't last forever but I'd like to keep it around as long as I can!

Bookmark   December 28, 2010 at 11:23AM
nancyjeanmc

For years I collected plates and cups, etc., everything and anything with roses. Last year we moved to Madison, NJ ... nicknamed The Rose City. That rose would look beautiful in my garden, and wouldn't the deer be surprised when they tried to take a chunk out of it.

Bookmark   December 28, 2010 at 11:33AM
More Discussions
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
Hanging Garden Globes
Here's one of my favorite garden junk projects ever:...
janetgia
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™