Horsekin

oldcrafty(8)October 26, 2010

Not exactly garden junk, but thought I'd share an idea I created this weekend for my granddaughter. She recently got 2 live miniature horses and every year I decorate a pumkin for her. So this year I thought I'd combine her new pets with her pumkin. Went to the dollar store and purchased a stuffed horse, cut it in half, I turned the raw edges in and used opened up paper clips as push pins and secured each half to the pumpkin. I pointed the head side up as if it is rearing up. I positioned a scarecrow, also a dollar store purchase, as if it was riding the horse, and then filled in with fall leaves and autumn colored silk flowers. Gotta say it is a one-of-a-kind pumpkin! She loved it, and thats what its all about!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marlene Kindred

Very cute...I'm sure she'll love it!

Bookmark   October 26, 2010 at 7:23PM
luna_llena_feliz

Is that adorable! I'm sure she is going to absolutely love it. It's just too bad the pumpkin will eventually rot because I'd love to keep that one around forever!

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 12:50AM
sunnyca_gw

Adorable!! Might have to replace the pumpkin with a styrofoam or plastic one so it will last a lot longer! Mini horses are so cute! Got a pic of them & grandchild you can put it over on conversations side of this forum! Jan

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 1:23AM
More Discussions
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™