Extra Large Wheels On Mower

bilmo(9)July 28, 2012

Hi All! the basic reason I want big wheels is to mow over ground covers and things that I do not want to brown out.

also, the so called right of way in my alley, the city thinks I should maintain it, etc..so it's easier to do so, than talk to a phone menu for a century and get nowhere. anyway. mostly ground covers. I want them neat, just not scalped.are there after market large wheels for mowers? thanks y'all. much appreciated........Bill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

There are. There are many available from aftermarket companies such as OEP. Stens, Rotary. You can also usually get large wheels- similar to what a walk behind trimmer has at farm stores or Lowes as an example. It may take a bit of ingenuity to adapt and of course one should be aware that they are creating an environment which could present additional safety issues that should be dealt with as well.

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 11:46AM
snuffyinatl

How high do you want to make it? You may be better off with a wheeled string trimmer...

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 1:35PM
bilmo(9)

hey tomplum and snuffyinatl! both good comments, thanks. tom, i could not find over sized wheels on any of those websites. and snuffy, what brand would you recommend ?

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 3:37PM
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

check out link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: weed wheels

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 11:03AM
bilmo(9)

hey thanks Gator!and thanks to all of ya. I about got this figured out. any recommendations on string trimmers to hook up to them wheels? the best one I've ever had was a cheap electric Ryobi. I loaned it to a neighbor and well, need I say more? I MIGHT be able to have it saved at an emergency tool repair shop. we'll see. all others I've tried had serious issues with the spool and the string. spent more time untangling and rewinding than weeding. nit with the ryobi. it was blow and go. thanks for any tips fellas!.......Bill

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 9:41PM
More Discussions
Craftsman ZTS 7500
Going to look at a used one of these tomorrow. Anything...
radlee30458
john deere RX75 belt diagram
I have a Rx75 with 9hp motor. I bought it used and...
jeremy_2010
New Honda HRX Drive System
I see where Honda is presenting a new drive system...
skipmarr
Advice Needed on a Used Mclane Reel Mower
Hello! I live in Southern California (San Fernando...
hbcsc153
Honda HRX217
Had it for 10 years and is the best mower I ever had....
bob3d
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™