too far gone for bed bench? maybe!

ess1(z3 MN)November 14, 2010

thought about tossing this bed out but just couldn't. it's pretty sturdy considering but very shabby. still good for the garden!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shrlieb(5 NE Ohio)

Oh I love it, would definitely use it for the garden, so many possibilities. I think you are lucky to have it to work with. Keep us updated on what you decide.

Bookmark   November 14, 2010 at 11:00AM
beck_wi(z5 WI)

A coat of paint will fix that right up. I made one similar to yours a few years back and it still sits by my pond.

I leave it out in winter too, and I have a mourning dove who likes to sit on it.

nice job!

Bookmark   November 14, 2010 at 5:16PM
Marlene Kindred

I like the look of your bed bench! I'm thinking I might just put some outdoor finish on it and leave it natural...but whatever you choose, it's a great shape!

Bookmark   November 14, 2010 at 5:26PM
luna_llena_feliz

I love it as is or painted! I really like the design for a bed/bench. Very cool! If you don't want it, I'll come get it. he-he

Bookmark   November 14, 2010 at 7:56PM
sunnyca_gw

Since the seat is reddish I think I would give a light coat to the back too so they would match up more & then give it some coating so it doesn't weather too badly. If it was mine I would trim the front posts back a little(too tall). I would go above where it is attached to the cross post where the upright post starts getting fat & make that into a round ball shape. I wear long sleeves or wrap a blanket around myself when I want to be out & it is getting colder.I would be "catching my sleeves or blanket on those tall posts in front. But that is just me, getting more careful outside since I took a fall a few years back. Looks like it will be a great addition to your yard! Jan

Bookmark   November 15, 2010 at 1:10AM
chevy57red(3/4 MN)

What a great piece!!
I am with Marlene..
Rustic and natural!!

Bookmark   November 15, 2010 at 4:02AM
jeannespines

Would be a great bench! But, of course, when I see it, I see old wood for birdhouses & the posts split for trim ...like this old pic I've shown before...so, not too far bone for bed bench or whatever! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   November 15, 2010 at 11:31AM
sandyl(Zone 6B -7)

I don't think you want that old shabby bench sitting out in your garden, you need to put it to the curb and give me your address and it will be gone and sitting in my garden. I love it ! I would give it a couple exterior coats of paint and enjoy it for ever how long it last. Sandy

Bookmark   November 15, 2010 at 4:24PM
nonacook(8bFL)

Maybe insert some outdoor glue in the open spots.
That would help to hold it together longer.
It looks wonderful!

Bookmark   November 16, 2010 at 10:29AM
mary2010(9 FL)

I'd love to have it in my garden. Whatever you decide . . . paint or not it will look fantastic. Good thing you couldn't throw it away.

Bookmark   November 16, 2010 at 1:09PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

I think its beautiful.
Kathy

Bookmark   November 24, 2010 at 1:34PM
More Discussions
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™