Which TORO Super Recycler / Super Bagger model?

kawfeeaddictJuly 10, 2011

While I like the 22" width and high rear wheels, I've not been happy with the quality of my Toro 20331. The bagging system is poorly sealed with a small capacity and the Briggs & Stratton GTS engine is hard to start when hot. Further, just today the recoil start broke after two years of use.

I'm now thinking one of the Super models would suit us better, despite the smaller, 21" width. I'd appreciate input on the various engines (Briggs, Kohler and Honda) as well as bagging performance. What's different about the Super Bagger over the Super Recycler other than the engine and speed?

I'm mowning an acre of lawn and do use the bag.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Toro Super Recyler & Super Bagger models

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

Briggs or Honda in my book. Either one bags well, tho Toro used to say that the recycler kickers /accelerator put less clippings in the bag. When Toro's first came out with the SR, the figure was about 20% less. Not that you would see them anyways. The only detriment that I see is that cleaning the deck around the kickers is a tad more tedious.

Bookmark   July 10, 2011 at 7:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
1saxman

'What's different about the Super Bagger over the Super Recycler other than the engine and speed?'

Everything. It's a different mower that Toro first fielded under the Lawn-Boy marque as the 'Insight' series. The Super Bagger a few years ago was the LB 10791. Toro just changed the paint colors and made it the Super Bagger. Very good mowers, with the top of the line being the commercial version. The Toro is the 22156. The corresponding LB was the 22271.

In the above quote, what did you mean by 'speed'?

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 3:52PM
More Discussions
Tru-cut Reel Clutch Adjustment
I've owned this guy since new (1979). Beyond normal...
runner70
john deere RX75 belt diagram
I have a Rx75 with 9hp motor. I bought it used and...
jeremy_2010
Craftsman ZTS 7500
Going to look at a used one of these tomorrow. Anything...
radlee30458
snow throwing
older blower. 7hp, 24" width, 14" auger....
joe_mn
Mclane 20" mower at Sears... why so inexpensive?
Hey everyone, I want to get yall's input on a mower...
bobbarker14
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™