Is this bindweed

bradmcnuttJuly 29, 2013

If not, any idea what it is?

Thanks in advance

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dchall_san_antonio(8 San Antonio)

This is bindweed. Dunno what yours is but it's not bindweed.

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 1:22AM
volksg3

Have you found out what that is i just posted with the same question i cant seem to get rid of it

Bookmark   August 1, 2013 at 2:21PM
bradmcnutt

Not yet. Still looking. Please reply if you find anything. I'm going to just try bayer advanced in a small spot and see if it kills it.

Bookmark   August 4, 2013 at 5:59PM
beezee(8b,fl)

basket grass...i have it and it will take over..likes mostly shade and damp areas...have been researching and will try herbicide for crabgrass or a more organic approach with flour and baking soda(half and half)and 3 tlb. cinnamon...just a light dusting after amist of water on leaves...lately we have had too much rain to try it...so cant comment on effectiveness....bz

Bookmark   August 6, 2013 at 5:30AM
bradmcnutt

I think that may be it. Christ, another weed that sounds impossible to kill. I finally find something to kill the nimblewill that's all over my lawn now this. I have way too much of this stuff to try the organic approach. I'm not sure what herbicide even kills this stuff other than a non-selective which isn't an option.

Thanks for info.

This post was edited by bradmcnutt on Tue, Aug 6, 13 at 14:17

Bookmark   August 6, 2013 at 1:58PM
volksg3

thats not basket grass it is Japanese stilt-grass - its a problem i have been working on this all summer i used spectraside the spot spray worked well but it is tedious im going to try bayer advanced Bermuda grass control

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 2:36PM
bradmcnutt

I've noticed that tenacity which has eradicated my nimblewill problem and has done a nice job as a post-emergent herbacide on crabgrass also browns this stuff. It takes up to 3 sprayings, each two weeks apart, to get rid of nimblewill. I only did one spraying on this stuff so maybe a few more sprayings would do the job. Tenacity is even more effective if you apply earlier in the growing cycle. I didn't learn about it until the summer so most of my weeds were pretty mature by then hence the need for the 3 sprayings. I'll report back any further results I have using tenacity.

Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 6:59AM
More Discussions
poor top soil
I had what I thought was top soil brought in to fix...
olusteebus
Problem with St. Augustine grass
Hi! I live in the north of Portugal (Hardiness Zone...
Kratus
Bermudagrass seeds from big box store
I had great luck with a certain name brand seed last...
ReelJake
Artificial Grass Maintenance?
I'm newbie in gardening. I want to know what kind of...
kevin497
Lawn after so much snow…what do I need to know?
A newbie here so I haven't maintained a lawn for a...
Pippin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™