Garden Totems for Christmas gifts

mary2010(9 FL)November 30, 2010

I've been busy the past couple weeks filling orders for my garden totems and garden totem stakes for Christmas gifts. I guess the word is slowly getting out. I hope the trend continues. Here are a few of items I've completed and sold in the past week. Plese check out my Facebook page - Garden Whimsies by Mary. Thanks for viewing.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garden-potter

Very, very nice! And that's terrific that you're getting that many orders! I did have a question: when a piece comes apart, like the teapot lids, do you glue them together so they don't come apart? And are you using GE II for this?
Thanks and great job!!

Bookmark   November 30, 2010 at 4:08PM
Marlene Kindred

I know that the TS and GW stores in your area just love to see you coming! You find the coolest patterns, colors and shapes for your totems! So happy for you that you are getting orders for them...great job!

Bookmark   November 30, 2010 at 5:24PM
mary2010(9 FL)

Hi garden-potter. Yes, I do glue the lids shut on teapots, etc. I also close the spout hole with half round marbles. Don't want any water to get inside. I swear by the GE Silicone II. Great stuff!

Bookmark   November 30, 2010 at 8:50PM
sunnyca_gw

Very nice! Glad you are getting orders for your lovely totems & they will be such nice & different gifts!! Jan

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 12:40AM
lily51(OH 5)

Can see why your're getting orders for you totems...nice combination of glassware, and that fish is just too cute!

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 4:55AM
jeannespines

These are really attractive, Mary...am glad you got some orders ...they would be a wonderful gift & your prices for the garden stakes are exceptionally reasonable, I would think. Sounds like you have good sources for your dishes...great! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 2:50PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Wonderful! Just love that blue one especially. I guess this is the tipping point for joining facebook. I want to see more!
Kathy

Bookmark   December 3, 2010 at 7:54AM
luna_llena_feliz

You really have a great eye for putting just the right pieces together for your totems. I can't decide which one I like better! I can definitely see why you are getting so many orders!

Kathy, if you join Facebook look some of us up. There are a bunch of us Garden Junkers on there. They usually post their new creations on there along with decorations in their homes (which are totally awesome too).

Bookmark   December 4, 2010 at 3:23PM
flowers12

Wow, you do wonderful work! I'm wondering about the GEII that you use. I bought some the other day but I thought it was really thick to use, hard to squeeze out of the tube in order to get a thin strip. I almost thought maybe I got an old tube that had hardened? I keep reading about everyone using it. Is it supposed to be thick and opaque in color? I've been using E-6000 for about a year and it's easy to use but sometimes a little runny. Please let me know if you think I got a bad tube.
Thanks,
Marilyn

Bookmark   December 4, 2010 at 7:35PM
mary2010(9 FL)

Hi Marilyn aka flowers12. I use the GEII in the caulking tube. I think you may have purchased the small tube? I use a caulking gun for my projects. You can snip the tube point to get the desired flow. The GEII is thick and opaque but dries clear. Good luck with your projects! Be sure to post pics when you're done. Mary

Bookmark   December 6, 2010 at 10:15AM
More Discussions
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™