Baby Flower Bed
When I saw this bed at an antique store the wheels started turning in my little bean. It was in pieces and the store owner had tried to fix it with hot glue. Yeesh. I've been having problems with my knees so I figured this one would be easy to plant. It only took about 16 pairs of screws and bolts, and a couple of small L-braces to put it together. It's now solid as a rock. I could sleep in it myself...if I wasn't afraid of getting my head stuck between the bars...
It worked out and the sweet peas growing in the little bed in front of it just moved right on in. I had astilbe, petunias, and several others in it over the summer.
This was a fun project. First, I repainted the bed with rusteoleum, sealed it with a clear coat, then I made a box of cedar boards to fit inside. I lined the box with two layers of weed stop fabric and filled it with a good potting mix. I have had a succession of different flowers in it all summer. Cheryl