Bakers Rack decorated for Thanksgiving/Fall w/Garden Junk

jeannespinesNovember 7, 2010

A beautiful day in Iowa (low 60's) after a cold snap for awhile...so I got my baker's rack fixed up for the holidays!

Here's a full view:

The top rack is birdhse made by DH...has a big opening cause it's usually on the porch with small burlap bags of prairie seed...decided to feed the squirrels/mice...the old crock I got at TS someone painted owl...it's starting to peel...should last one more winter...corked the top:

2nd shelf is recycled wood box holding old crock & pine branches & cones & a bit of Curly Willow that I gathered today:

Enamelware that I use for GJ in my gardens ...had a mini garden in pan last yr & the coffeepot sits by my garden shed...the rusty iron is a planter plate from old farm equip...one in pan & one under coffeepot:

Watering can on bottom shelf...& an old teakettle got for 75 cts this yr...bargain $$$...love it for watering!

Gardening is slowly down quickly...so hope you enjoyed this beautiful day, too! TFlookin'. Jeanne S.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leveta(6)

You done a great job. It looks abso wonderful...

Bookmark   November 7, 2010 at 8:52PM
sunnyca_gw

I was looking all over for an owl! Ha! it's painted on the pottery jug! Love the star & gourds & are those the feed bags for the mice & squirrels, do they grab them & run off & open them or bite through them? Love the enamel pan arrangement, that's my favorite!! Jan

Bookmark   November 7, 2010 at 11:36PM
luvs2click

Ooooo - "these are a few of my favorite things" Love, love, love, TFS!
Arlene

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 2:36PM
Marlene Kindred

I always love your displays Jeanne! Love your enamelware and the rusty pieces. All of the pumpkins, etc. and evergreens just look like Thanksgiving season! Thanks for sharing with us!

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 7:00PM
smickerdoodle

It is beautiful, as it always is. You do such a wonderful job on decorating your bakers rack. Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Smicker

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 7:42PM
jeannespines

Thank you, GJers...hate to see gardening season end (hope some of our Australian friends will post their summer so we can dream!) ...how time flies...but Fall is such a pretty time of the yr ...so enjoying these couple days of Indian Summer! Plan on a couple more projects outside, weather permitting...will share pics. Jeanne S
Good to see you here, smicker! Happy Thanksgiving!

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 10:44PM
luna_llena_feliz

Very pretty, Jeanne! But you are lucky you have all those pine boughs you can use. I love the enamelware and old watering can. You sure have a good eye for putting these displays together!

Bookmark   November 10, 2010 at 12:46AM
chevy57red(3/4 MN)

I love it Jeanne..
I just hope that you didn't get too much snow cover on it over the weekend that you can't see it..
I do miss my gardens as we travel now..
But I have been working on somethings..

Bookmark   November 15, 2010 at 4:12AM
More Discussions
Hanging Garden Globes
Here's one of my favorite garden junk projects ever:...
janetgia
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™