Ideas for using plow points and sweeps

elaineal(z8AL)November 2, 2012

Would like ideas using plow points and sweeps. I have thought the points would make good bird feet, but not sure about the sweeps. I have a barn with lots of old metal. Has anyone seen a crane made from scrap metal?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tinfoilhat

The sweeps/plow shares make great bird heads/beaks, wings, tails. I'm trying to make a fish out of plow shares but the idea hasn't gelled yet. The points could be used for bird tail feathers or flower petals.
Follow link in message to see a few birds built using plow shares. There are other things in there made from old farm pieces too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures

Bookmark   November 3, 2012 at 12:31AM
elaineal(z8AL)

Ok, I see I got the points and sweeps mixed up. But I was raised on a farm! You would get short of breath if you could go in my barn. How do I get info on each of your pictures?
Thanks

Bookmark   November 3, 2012 at 4:38PM
tinfoilhat

Photobucket in the last 2 months has lost my complete album, lost all my titles and descriptions, lost my titles and descriptions when was half way done replacing them, beta tested me, scrabbled my photos and generally messed with what little sanity I have left. I do not know what I am going to find each time I open it. The slideshow is disabled in beta testing and I don't know if it's going to open in that mode from one day to the next. All that said, you can try opening it in the link I posted above, going to he first picture that strikes your fancy and click on it. The picture SHOULD come up with a description below it although sometimes the description is on the side hidden and you have to click media info to see it.
I'm going to add a different link in this post that is to a bird using 2 plows for a head. If the cyber gods are smiling upon us the bird should come up with description below it and you can hit next and and slideshow through album to find more plow ideas if you desire. May the cyber gods be with thee.
On a side note, there is a fine looking picture of me in there called "Will weld for food" with a list of foods that motivate me. To that list please add: ham, mashed potatoes, red eyed gravy, cornbread and keep me in mind for your next project.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 3:29AM
Marlene Kindred

Well, since I'm not sure what a "sweep" is, I can't address that, but I did find one of my DH's projects that uses a plow part/cultivator point. This is Randy the Rooster and we used a cultivator part for his beak and harrow parts for his body.

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 12:44PM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

Tinfoil! Love seeing your whole album at once! Great! Love that Pipe sculpture and your water lilies are gorgeous!
Marlene: Randy Rooster is AWESOME!!!

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 11:35AM
jeannespines

Wow! Great recycling here ...love all these critters! tinfoil & Marlene's hubby! Awesome! Hope you got lots of ideas, elaine! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 12:23PM
More Discussions
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
Sponsored Products
Bronze Leather Pouf
| Dot & Bo
Jofran 582-1 4 Piece Glass Top Coffee Table Set w/ Square X-Sides
Beyond Stores
nuLOOM Handmade Indoor/ Outdoor Spanish Tiles Multi Rug
Overstock.com
Marcy Standard Bench - WM 367
$129.99 | Hayneedle
MaxLite RR61927W 6 inch can LED Retrofit, 2700K
EnvironmentalLights.com