Toro Lawnmower Electric Start

pjl1969August 1, 2010

I have a Toro 6.5hp GTS Recycler Lawnmover, with electric start. Starting the mower with the cord works fine but now the electric start is not working and seeking advice on how to diagnose the problem. I have confirmed the Battery is charged and yesterday replaced the wiring harness. Don't know what else to do or how I can check to see what else is working / not working ? When turning the key there is no sound at all as though it was even trying to turnover the engine. Help please.

Mower Specifics: Toro Consumer 20045, Super Recycler Mower, SR-21SE, 2000 (SN 200000001-200999999)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

The first thing to check is: Is there 12V at the terminal on the starter when you turn the key? If not, is there 12V on the switch from the battery? Is there 12V from the battery but not past the switch.

There are a few things to check. There is also another switch on the left side of the motor which is activated by the bail handle.

Bookmark   August 1, 2010 at 5:10PM
pjl1969

Thanks. I am a novice at most things electrical. Can you please advise how to test the items you highlighted. I have a multimeter, but do I disconnect the wires from the starter to perform the test or leave them connected and just test the terminals ? Also, there is a connector on the wiring harness that I just replaced that is located between the battery and the starter that connects the two together, do I disconnect the two and perform the test on the connector itself or leave it connected and do the test on the starter terminals itself ? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to do the right thing. Thanks.

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 12:46PM
ruthe245

I just bought a new electric start Personal Pace Toro Lawnmower & do not know how to install the electric start button. I have not found the instructions in the instruction book helpful. Can someone give me instructions on how to install the electric start button? Thanks.

UPDATE: I was finally able to install the start button but now have another question about this lawnmower. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO ADJUST THE HANDLE ON THE PERSONAL PACE? I'M SHORT AND WOULD LIKE TO ADJUST IT BETTER FOR MY HEIGHT.

This post was edited by ruthe245 on Sun, Jun 9, 13 at 14:08

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 8:34PM
More Discussions
Honda Mower Problem-Backfire thru Carb?
I have a Honda walk behind that has been awsome until...
jteekell
Looking to replace the LB
I've been using a 2003 Lawnboy 10323 for over a decade...
pacochu
Troy Bilt Snow Blower
I have a Troy-Bilk 21", 4 cycle, 123cc ohv engine....
redrabbit
21" self-propelled, which has most reliable drive system?
Hi there, I'm looking to replace my Ariens Classic...
kwk1
Anyone ever use an electric mower?
As you may know, ethanol in our gasoline is really...
FrogmoreFarm
Sponsored Products
Audrey Vanity with 1 Inch Rectangle Canopy
Lightology
Croscill Plateau Comforter Set - 2A0-003O0-3424/990
$299.99 | Hayneedle
Dynasty Antique Silver One-Light 22.5-Inch High Table Lamp with Box Pleat Shade
$746.00 | Bellacor
Cookhouse wall clock - kettle blue 13.75"
Origin Crafts
Rezek 42 X 42 Fluorescent Wall Mirror
Lightology