Mary's Back Yard Garden Video

mary2010(9 FL)December 27, 2010

Was posting this to my Garden Whimsies website and thought I'd share it with my GJ friends. I'm a local celebrity (haha) only to family members who watched the show.

A local TV station started a new weekly gardening segment this past summer and my garden was the first chosen. Hope you enjoy viewing.

My website for those interested: www.gardenwhimsiesbymary.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Mary's Back Yard Garden

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Calamity_J(z7bc)

Way to Represent us!!!! All us Garden Junkers applaud you I'm sure! AND it's always nice to see a face behind the posts here! Lovely yard! (Loved the blue bottles and the Mary statue!)

Bookmark   December 27, 2010 at 12:06PM
garden-potter

Wow-oh-Wow!! How exciting!! Terrific segment! And I just love the potting table from the playset! You are surely becoming a local celebrity! Congrats!!

Bookmark   December 27, 2010 at 12:28PM
sunnyca_gw

I liked all the plates & your "garden bed" Great potting shed. Thanks for showing us! Jan

Bookmark   December 27, 2010 at 11:21PM
mary2010(9 FL)

Thanks friends. The potting shed almost didn't happen. It was our children's play set (including sliding board and swings). When the kids had outgrown it and before I was actively gardening I considered taking it down. I'm so glad I didn't as it makes a great potting shed. The potting table top is actually part of the original sliding board. Now it's one of my favorite features in the garden. So glad it was "repurposed".

Bookmark   December 28, 2010 at 10:35AM
oldcrafty(8)

Love the plate border.....think I've seen that done somewhere before...great reminder for an upcoming spring project. Your backyard looks very inviting and relaxing.

Bookmark   December 28, 2010 at 10:46AM
excessfroufrou(7)

Great backyard, you are really making me yearn for Spring. I love the play center turned potting shed, it's wonderful. That plate border idea is tucked away on my to do list too.
Frou

Bookmark   December 28, 2010 at 12:23PM
Marlene Kindred

Really liked the news piece....it was great to see you and a great representation of us junkers and gardeners! LOVE your potting shed and the plate border is really cute too! Thanks for sharing the link with us.

Bookmark   December 28, 2010 at 7:18PM
azcactusflower

I would love to walk through your backyard. It looks like the perfect spot to stop and enjoy nature for awhile. You have so many interesting touches. The plate border is really outstanding. Gives me an idea for my collections of plates that I have in my storeroom waiting for me to repurpose them. Thanks for being such an awesome representative of all us garden junkers. Your garden is an outstanding example.

Bookmark   December 29, 2010 at 11:07PM
jeannespines

Wow! A celebrity, Mary! LOL! TFsharing your video...was fun to see & hear you & to walk a bit in your gardens! Awesome save on the playground equipmt! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   December 30, 2010 at 12:58AM
sb2007suzq(Zone 7)

Mary,

You are such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing and good luck in the New Year. Loved the news segment.

Great Website, I will continue checking in and seeing your newest creations.

Have A Great New Year!
GreenSuzq

Bookmark   January 2, 2011 at 6:47PM
kacram

how exciting! very cool, nice to meet you!

Bookmark   January 3, 2011 at 12:12AM
chevy57red(3/4 MN)

Such a great piece!!
Love all of it!!

Bookmark   January 3, 2011 at 5:08AM
mary2010(9 FL)

Thanks SOOO much friends. But I have to tell you that you all were MY inspiration for starting a business making totems. Everyone was so encouraging and generous with their knowledge. I wasn't even sure I had a creative talent until I started making totems. And I especially didn't know if others would like my work. I can't thank you enough for your support. I'm so excited about 2011 and the wonderful possibilities that exist. For anyone who hasn't visited my website and Facebook page, I'll provide links to those sites. Please "fan" me on Facebook so we can stay in touch. My best to everyone!

www.gardenwhimsiesbymary.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Mary's Facebook page

Bookmark   January 3, 2011 at 9:35AM
More Discussions
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
Using paint samples outside ?
Hi all ! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
bowling ball revisited
Just finished a couple of bowling balls for the garden;...
indigosunshine
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
Sponsored Products
Georgia Tech Grill Rectangular: 3 Ft. 5 In. x 2 Ft. 1 In. Mat
$35.95 | Bellacor
Couristan Everest Wild Daisy Rug Multicolor - 63515313020037T
$59.00 | Hayneedle
Dragonfly Nature Hook
Signature Hardware
Jacqueline Small Chandelier Bowl by James R. Moder
$1,104.00 | Lumens
Moroccan Garden Stool
$180.00 | Horchow