syringing lawn

nykennyJuly 18, 2013

Does anyone syringe there lawn, like you see golf courses do? I have been doing it on one section of my lawn for the past 12 days. The results have been great and you see a huge difference in the section that has been lightly watered in the hot parts of the day. Everyone I spoke to and all my research has stated they don't recommend it to home owners. Why Not? Please no answers saying it will act like a magnifying glass and burn the blades!!! Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tiemco

I do it, especially on my grass that is near the street. If I didn't it would never make it through the summer. I'm not sure why you have been getting advice not too, the only thing I can think of is maybe creating an enviroment more favorable for fungal outbreaks.

Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 9:16PM
grass1950

ditto

Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 9:23PM
nykenny

Great, makes me feel better!!! My grass is dry by the evening so I'm hoping that it's not creating an environment for fungal disease. I just have not seen syringing mentioned too much here or anywhere over the net. Thanks for the quick response.

Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 10:20PM
suesheldon

What's the process or is it just a light watering during peak "fry time" of the day?

Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 10:41PM
nykenny

Yes, you got. I find it better to do with a hose, but if I'm pressed for time a good 2 min with the sprinklers will do. Basically just want to mist the grass to cool it off, especially during this heat wave most of us are going through now.

Bookmark   July 19, 2013 at 2:36PM
texas_weed(7A)

You can certainly do it but it does come with risk of fungal problems. To minimize fungal risk make the last misting well before sunset so the grass is dry before dark falls. Well unless you live in Phoenix..

Keep in mind golf courses do some things you do not. Greens for the most part are soilless and fairly free of organic matter. Most also use a fungicide weekly on the greens.

Bookmark   July 19, 2013 at 4:33PM
More Discussions
Velocity herbicide
I have had Poa Annua n triv for many years. It almost...
hoganjr
Beneficial Nemotodes or Milky Spore?
I have an awful problem with slugs every spring, lasy...
lisaw2015
New house in Zone 8- needing advice
first post here. i live in the Little Rock area and...
wt168048
Need advice on stopping water flooding sidewalk
So I bought my house a couple of years ago, have had...
dafts
Need help with grass type for southern CA
My lawn went bad last summer...bare spots, brown, etc....
mschug
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™