Just an idea

mosswitchDecember 31, 2011

No pictures because I haven't done it yet, but somebody gave me a small strawberry pot with a partially broken side, filled with succulents. I have a low dry-stacked retaining wall fronting a sunny bed, and I'm going to take out a small section and insert the pot into the wall. I think I'll love it!

I also saw somewhere (lost it now, tho) a picture of a retaining wall where someone had taken a pot that was broken on one side, and built it right into the wall on a curve so the broken part was inside. It was planted with bulbs and succulents, some trailing down. Classy looking and a great way to recycle a broken pot!

Sandy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannespines

Ohhhh, that sounds like a great idea, mosswitch! That would be very cool to insert the pot in your dry-stacked wall! Nice save! Lookin' forward to pics later! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   December 31, 2011 at 2:23PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Good idea. Wish I had a wall to do it with. I wonder if dh would let me insert a pot into the foundation? Probably not, lol. Be sure to post apic.
Kathy

Bookmark   January 1, 2012 at 9:03AM
marylee_2010

Sounds like a great idea. I think it will be beautiful when finished. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Marylee

Bookmark   January 1, 2012 at 1:25PM
More Discussions
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™