Do you decorate your potting bench?

raforDecember 4, 2011

I DO!!!! Used what I had and some leftover white pine garland.

Started with this:

The wire basket is from an old light fixture we removed from the basement. I have several of them and couldn't decide what to do with them. So at the moment they are for Christmas decorations!

Here's an overall view of my efforts:

The little red and green "boxes" are luminaries. I'll light them tonight and get another pic of them.

I really don't think Martha has anything to worry about :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

I think its fabulous!

I don't have a potting bench unless you count the truck cap which we never use and is beside the garage. I'd like to get rid of that and get a real potting area. I have an old rake head saved!

When you take a pic again, please take the whole potting bench.

Kathy

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 5:17PM
jeannespines

Very cool, rafor! Love the pines & nice recycling of the wire lights! Like that sled standing there or whatever the wood thingy is ...TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 7:05PM
sunnyca_gw

Great recycling! Like the greens & Christmas items in the light fixture, the sled thing is so cute! Did you make it? I remember 1 of Martha's 1st shows. She was putting some small potted plants in a large pot. She said to take some of these "pink ones" & then some "yellow ones next" & "purple larger ones" to fill in rest of pot. (These are not same words she used, point was she didn't seem to know the names of any of the flowers- I thought she was a goner in a few weeks but she probably got e-mails & letters & learned & did a great job after that in knowing her subject matter! So if she can get up to speed rest of us can also & you've done a great job on your bench!! Probably safe to say most decorated potting bench around!! You may have started a contest here!! ^.^ Jan

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 8:41PM
Marlene Kindred

Well, I must say your potting bench looks quite festive! Love the light "cages" as hanging baskets! Your little sled and your wreaths are really pretty too!

Bookmark   December 5, 2011 at 11:39AM
nonacook(8bFL)

Love the potting bench decoration!!!

Bookmark   December 5, 2011 at 3:02PM
rafor

Have to laugh: almost everyone here and on the home dec forum mentions the little wooden sled with the tree painted on it. It's really not my thing, I just stuck it there to fill in the space. It was something an ex girlfriend of my little brother's left him with along with the other Christmas decs she insisted he needed!! When I was helping him clear out his house last year, I ended up with it along with an artificial tree, lights and some tree decorations. Funny how things work out since it's been sitting around since then and every time I see it I think I should get rid of that thing :)

Bookmark   December 5, 2011 at 3:39PM
jeannespines

Couldn't help but comment on that wooden sled...you know my name is 'jeannes pines', right? LOL! It's just 'rustic' looking ...like old wood & someone painted on a pine tree...& looks like it fits right in there on your potting table! ;-) Jeanne S.

Bookmark   December 5, 2011 at 11:08PM
More Discussions
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
Craft fairs and Garden Junk
I know this really isn't the time of year to find Garden...
toomuchglass
Using paint samples outside ?
Hi all ! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™