uneven cut

mmach74August 25, 2013

I have a Craftsman 20hp v-twin Kohler, With a 46" deck. It cuts uneven going forward. In reverse it cuts great. I replaced the blades( they are on correct) cleaned the deck, checked tire pressure. Any help would be great?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

Which 46" deck? 2 blade or 3? How is the deck pitched? Mulching or bagging? A better description of the cut or pics may help.

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 1:48AM
vandtbear1(S. Illinois)

Check for a missing deck pin and spring clip on one of the corners? The ones you remove to pull the deck off the frame. That would do it.

Bookmark   September 11, 2013 at 4:26PM
jehiatt(7)

Put it on a flat driveway and measure the rim height of the decks all around. Also pull the blades around underneath and check for how close they are to the deck bottom edge. Now then, you gotta check the blades height in the middle of the deck as if maybe a blade didn't seat straight on it's shaft. This is a case of "Look fer it'. What you need to look for is the blade (s) height from the ground being the same all around in the entire cutting circle from the middle hole to the outside.
Wild thought! You don't weight 300 lbs do you? Maybe add some weight to seat before tests to duplicate cutting conditions. LOL

Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 11:08PM
More Discussions
Tru-cut Reel Clutch Adjustment
I've owned this guy since new (1979). Beyond normal...
runner70
B&S OHV 6.5 won't start
If I prime the engine 5/6 times it starts on the second...
mvron
john deere RX75 belt diagram
I have a Rx75 with 9hp motor. I bought it used and...
jeremy_2010
Reel Mower for Bermuda Lawn?
I was looking at the Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Mower...
void.pointer
Snapper commercial refurb
This is the 1986 snapper 21500PC that I found in the...
snapperfreak
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™