Celcius herbicide before or after high nitrogen fert?

pbguy420July 21, 2014

I asked this in another thread and cannot find the thread so sorry for the double post.

I'm about to apply celcius herbicide on my bermuda lawn which I overseeded crappy centipede with June 1st. I applied milorganite a few weeks back but really want to put down a high nitrogen fert ASAP to help build the bermuda as much as possible before the winter. Should I apply the high nitrogen fert before or after the celcius and how much separation between them?

Note I will be spot spraying celcius rather than broadcast spraying it because I've been hand pulling like crazy so the weeds I do have are small and spaced out... I'm just absolutely sick of handpulling, and yes, I now know I should've seeded in fall to avoid this but I still have a great new bermuda lawn!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tnjdm

I use Celcius on my lawn and have never wondered the timing with Nitrogen application, especially if your just spot sraying.

I've done it both ways and haven't noticed a difference.

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 7:27AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joneboy(7)

If your talking about a urea or ammonium sulfate quick release nitrogen, apply the N first, water in, and then spray the herbicide a couple of days later the weeds will translocate the herbicide better. If your using nitrogen source that is more slow release wait a week and then spray the herbicide.

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 4:00PM
More Discussions
Lawn issues (tree roots drying out lawn, uneven ground, grading e
I have been a long time lurker, but this is my first...
tomormatt
Poa Annua already making it's jump!
PA typically comes up here in April, we're mid Feb...
gsweater
Is this sod completely dead? Any hope?
Our beautiful sod went from looking like this, after...
knatalie
What is this???
Whatever this is, it is spreading everywhere? Anyone...
Shar-SC
Problem with St. Augustine grass
Hi! I live in the north of Portugal (Hardiness Zone...
Kratus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™