Uneven cut from an HRR216

Redtenchu(7)August 21, 2013

I have an HRR216 that is cutting unevenly. I didn't notice this problem until I moved to an area with Hybrid Bermuda and have been cutting much lower (1-1.5inch). I am measuring 1/4 inch difference from side to side at the deck base to the pavement. I have even wear on all 4 wheels and all set on the same notch. I don't see a way to remove the wheel assembly and make an adjustment. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and what you did to resolve it? I have considered buying new wheels (no wear) for the short side to raise it up a bit?.... or adding something like tape or (??) to raise it? I'm at a loss and would like to hear suggestions or ideas.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

I know not a thing about cutting Bermuda- an uneven cut many times is dealing with air flow. First off , you really should be measuring from the blade tip rather than the housing to be accurate. The deck and blades should be clean. Specifically i can tell you that some like the quality of cut using the bagger blade or simply the existing lower blade. I had a person this summer who had a similar concern. She wondered if her blades should be replaced rather than sharpened. My reply was they looked nearly new and should sharpen and balance up well. In the end, I ended up replacing the blades for her to be satisfied with her quality of cut.

Bookmark   August 22, 2013 at 1:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Redtenchu(7)

Thank you for the tips, Just to be clear the Hrr216 is a self-propel walk behind mower. I have measured from the blade tips to the cement and still get 1/4 inch difference from the left to right side, rotated the blades to the opposite side and get the same measurement. I may have bent something without knowing.... Doh!

Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 8:28PM
More Discussions
Anyone ever use an electric mower?
As you may know, ethanol in our gasoline is really...
FrogmoreFarm
Shindaiwa T18 Trimmer TK Carb Rebuild
During the process of cleaning and replacing the diagphrams...
sjsmithjr
Looking to replace the LB
I've been using a 2003 Lawnboy 10323 for over a decade...
pacochu
2 cycle (Robin) Snapper
Does anyone have any input on whether that Robin 2cycle...
wegrowhair
Troy Bilt 21inch Push Mower w/B&S Engine
I have an 11A-426A711. I prime it and it starts and...
gordini39
Sponsored Products
Aplomb Pendant
Lightology
Gray Scalloped Sheet Set - Full
Crane and Canopy
Holiday Truck Linen Napkins
The City Farm
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Artistic Weavers Rugs Noah Beige 3 ft. 3
Home Depot
Fuzio Pendant by PLC Lighting
$118.00 | Lumens