Lawn mower won't start
Craftsman 6.25 HP 21" blade Briggs and Straton Motor
I'm having issues with my push behind mower. It worked fine few weeks ago. When I went to start it about a week ago it ran for about 5 seconds then just died. Started back up for about a second and then immediately died. Now it won't even start.
I've been reading and searching the past week and can't seem to fix it. Things I've tried:
1. Checked for spark and has good spark
2. Completely removed carb and cleaned inside and out. Removed float, needle, bowl, nut and cleaned with carb cleaner. They were pretty much spotless to begin with but used twisty tie wire to clean all the little passages.
3. Sanded down flywheel and clutch legs as they were kinda rusted.
4. Checked fuel line from tank to carb and it flows just fine.
5. Watched through throttle plate as I primed and it is pulling fuel in. What is weird is that when I spray carb cleaner into the carb when the air filter is removed I can get it start for a split second but then it dies.
Anyone have any other ideas on what could be causing this or what I can try?
Thanks for the help!