Lesco Feeding Schedule

chiefmass(6 Mass.)August 14, 2012

After trying several lawn fertilizing companies, it has been recommended that I start using Lesco products.

Does anyone use it here in Massachusetts and have a schedule for the different types of products?

I live in the southern part of Massachusetts and am also looking for a dealer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grass1950

Lesco is now owned by John Deere. Google "JohnDeereLandscapes" and find a local outlet. They should be able to answer your questions about products and application.

Bookmark   August 14, 2012 at 2:14PM
chiefmass(6 Mass.)

grass1950

Thank you for the info. I will do that.

Have you used Lesco and if so, how do you feel about it?

Bookmark   August 14, 2012 at 7:32PM
grass1950

I have not used Lesco. I get my supplies from a local Sod farm that has a small fertilizer/amendments/seed business- Basically just a steel barn. By all accounts, Lesco makes good products. As far as a schedule--that should be determined by your specific turf needs and climate--for example you wouldn't want to put down a grub killer every year in June. It should be applied only when you have evidence of grubs. As far as a fertilization schedule, if you have KBG, it is recommended that 3-5 pounds be applied annually. Most importantly is that the majority (3#) of synthetic fertilizer be applied in the fall -late August through early December. For example: 1# mostly slow releases nitrogen (N) in late August/early September another 1# slow release N with potassium (K) in late Sept./early October and 1# fast release N from late OCt. to early December. The other (up to) 2 pounds is not as important to a healthy lawn and is mostly for high maintan ance lawns for "looks" and can be applied between late April and mid June. Feeding with synthetics in late Spring/early summer can promote disease- so care must be taken. There are people here that can advise you on the use of organic fertilizers that are better for the Spring and Summer months than synthetics.

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 12:22AM
More Discussions
What do I need to have a decent(not show quality) looking Lawn?
First, thank you in advance for the assistance. I have...
mat2cam
Lawn vs. Dogs
I'm dogsitting for the next year. It's the first time...
zone7patti (7b)
Logan Labs soil results...need some recommendations.
Thanks for taking the time to interpret my Logan Labs...
prorange
New house in Zone 8- needing advice
first post here. i live in the Little Rock area and...
wt168048
Protecting Grass Seedlings from Frost
I planted grass two weeks ago and have been watering...
mikec
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™